Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea v Newcastle - what do you want?

Chelsea v Newcastle - what do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 17.04.07.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A reason for caring.
Well this is a football forum primarily based around the English football team Brighton and Hove Albion. There is a thing in football called a league table where all the points from games are totted up and we like our team (Brighton) to finish as high up as possible. There are 2 teams playing eachother tonight called Newcastle and Chelsea. Both are in a similar position in the table, so somebody asked what result we’d prefer as Brighton fans. I hope this helps you 👍

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well this is a football forum primarily based around the English football team Brighton and Hove Albion. There is a thing in football called a league table where all the points from games are totted up and we like our team (Brighton) to finish as high up as possible. There are 2 teams playing eachother tonight called Newcastle and Chelsea. Both are in a similar position in the table, so somebody asked what result we’d prefer as Brighton fans. I hope this helps you 👍
Consistently failing to take care of our own business makes what other teams do all rather irrelevant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
always a draw - as 3 points are available but this way only 2 are given out
Is always the right answer - unless one point for one of the two would deny The Albion a spot in the table by going one point ahead of us.

You can't argue with maths (math, if you're American) any more than you can argue with a madman waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your face.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well I'd like 2-2 with Trippier scoring last, purely for financial reasons as in keeping with both of this evening's protagonists.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Consistently failing to take care of our own business makes what other teams do all rather irrelevant.
We literally just got 3 points yesterday 🤣

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I'd like 2-2 with Trippier scoring last, purely for financial reasons as in keeping with both of this evening's protagonists.
Hate to tell you this but Trippier is almost certainly out with injury… 😬

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea are up 2-NIL going into injury time when a 30 yard scorcher from former Chelsea Academy Player Of The Year Tino Livramento cuts the deficit.

Former Spurs player Trippier whips a free-kick up over the wall for a last gasp equaliser, does a little dance of delight in front of The Shed End at which point Conor Gallagher loses it, Big Dan Burn decks him with a smooth right hook, Smug Eddie tries to break it up and Levi Colwill accidentally busts his nose like a tomato in a blender.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I always look at the table on a Friday evenings to see where we are likely to be after the weekend/Monday fixtures - wanting Luton to beat WU was one desired outcome ( they weren’t far off) and a draw between Chelsea and Toons was another. Doesn’t matter how we play, how others play around us in the table determines table position when they are as tight as this.

That’s why I look at other teams GD as well - the final places in the season could literally be that close for the top middle half of the table..

A draw of course - better of two evils - red cards, serious but not career threatening injuries, and some very plssed off officials that will result in heavy bias against both teams when we face them later in the season - that will do nicely. 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here