Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea U18 player on £20,000 per week.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I am gonna disagree with you mate.

Firstly a players first pro contract, although can be at 17 years old, is generally currently at BHA 18 years old for a year or two.

After this then its up for negotiation if the club wants to retain them, but I cannot think of any of the current crop demanding the figures you say, Dunk did after his first spell with the first team as has Solly recently.

But the players running around in our DS teams are not on 4 figure weekly wages.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm differentiating between a development squad contract and a "senior" pro terms contract - although you're right that strictly speaking a DS contract is pro terms. I was meaning most of the development squad will be on £350-£500p/w, as evidenced by what was stated in the trial, that Barker/Rodgers/Redmond were all on that sort of ballpark figure. However, they sign one between £500-1000 as their first "senior" deal (i.e. currently Goodwin/Dickenson), and if they break into the first team (Dunk, Caskey, March, Ince), that next contract is the one that cracks past 4 figures - i.e. the recent deals for Ince/March.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you misunderstand me. I'm differentiating between a development squad contract and a "senior" pro terms contract - although you're right that strictly speaking a DS contract is pro terms. I was meaning most of the development squad will be on £350-£500p/w, as evidenced by what was stated in the trial, that Barker/Rodgers/Redmond were all on that sort of ballpark figure. However, they sign one between £500-1000 as their first "senior" deal (i.e. currently Goodwin/Dickenson), and if they break into the first team (Dunk, Caskey, March, Ince), that next contract is the one that cracks past 4 figures - i.e. the recent deals for Ince/March.

Yep, I see what you are saying.

Increases in salaries will follow their own career progression, at the moment the DS squad is generally very young and therefore their wages will reflect that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here