[Albion] Chelsea tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
That Chelsea plastic rivalry is embarrassing, all they have done is pay over the top for three players and a manager.
Chelsea fans don’t give us a second thought and the the majority of the ones I’ve met are sick of their owners buying players from Brighton.
The most annoying ones I've met all do and feel some need to put us in 'our place' as a bottom-half team after last season, so keen to deny them that satisfaction! By the same token, I encountered plenty of pleasant Toon fans over the weekend but it's the 'four nil to Newcastle' types I wanted humbled.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Serious question . . . . Why to pensioners get concessions? The current generation of pensioners are unique in being the only ones who can afford to retire , live the same life AND go to the football . . .I don't get it.

most of us will never be able to retire regardless of how long we live, certainly not if we want to watch weapons grade soccer with seafood Bruschetta And chilled Rose at half time!
well I could say I worked bloody hard to put money away to have a decent retirement in some very shitty jobs that nearly took me under a few times, but most people could say the same.

anyway the argument tends to be one that goes down the entitlement and resentment route, which quite honestly as we are mates, I won’t go down.

suffice it to say I am happily enjoying my retirement and as I still don’t get my state pension I am living off savings and private pension so it’s nice to get a added bonus of pensioner rates for footy.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
How does one person talk out of their arse so dependably? The Chelsea-Albion thing is not a 'rivalry" in the usual way. If you ever listen to Chelsea podcasts, and I do if we’re due to play them, or have just played them, you’ll know the abuse we get. They absolutely despise Brighton for being a 'nothing, tinpot club'. They hate us for humiliating them over Caicedo, and for constantly taking the piss out of them with overpriced transfers and a coach and entire backroom team that they’ve had to get rid of and pay off — apart from Winstanley who’s the one they dislike the most. As for us, everyone should despise and disparage a club that’s almost single-handedly capsized the modern game with its profligacy and arrogance.
Just had a peek at their chat page. Not even a mention of anything remotely like that. I work & drink in London with a fair few Chelsea fans. They simply don't care about Brighton. Annoyed with themselves for over paying but seem to quite admire Brighton to be honest. Usual homophobic crap admittedly. Starting to really warm to Caicedo & Cucurella too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The most annoying ones I've met all do and feel some need to put us in 'our place' as a bottom-half team after last season, so keen to deny them that satisfaction! By the same token, I encountered plenty of pleasant Toon fans over the weekend but it's the 'four nil to Newcastle' types I wanted humbled.
Some of our fans our no different I remember reading on here after a good early season start are we ready for the champions league.🤣
Brighton fans are happy to blame clubs like Chelsea for over inflated transfer fees aren’t we also part of that problem? We made money and that’s great yet the squad has been patched up for most of the season and the manager got no help in January due to inflated transfer fees?
Any transfer we now go for is going to be over inflated like Beleba being a prime example.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
So in a long winded drawn out post you have come to the same conclusion Chelsea fans are sick of their owners paying over the odds for Brighton players & staff :facepalm:

I’m saying that Chelsea fans despise Brighton for humiliating them, and the idea that they ‘don’t give us a second thought' is absolutely wrong. Take a look at Twitter or listen to the odd podcast around game time, and see for yourself.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There is one simple solution.......Give season ticket holders the right to give tickets to friends as 1901 holders do and we`d have very few on ticket exchange or empty seats.
I feel like this has been discussed at the length, but transferring tickets in one of the main benefits of the 1901, which brings in important revenue for the club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m saying that Chelsea fans despise Brighton for humiliating them, and the idea that they ‘don’t give us a second thought' is absolutely wrong. Take a look at Twitter or listen to the odd podcast around game time, and see for yourself.

I'm not disagreeing with you as seen plenty of Chelsea divs on twitter coming out with that stuff but honestly find it really hard to comprehend. We didn't force them to do anything so how did we humiliate them? As we know they came and raided our club without a second thought but we're the bad guys? WTF?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know a few old school Chelsea lads and they really don’t give a toss about us. The internet twaddle is just that fuelled by that boring twat on TS in the afternoon.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Serious question . . . . Why to pensioners get concessions? The current generation of pensioners are unique in being the only ones who can afford to retire , live the same life AND go to the football . . .I don't get it.
And what about kids? Why should they get in on the cheap? Freeloaders.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

most of us will never be able to retire regardless of how long we live, certainly not if we want to watch weapons grade soccer with seafood Bruschetta And chilled Rose at half time!
IMO that's a really sweeping generalisation.

Not all pensioners have final salary pensions.

Anyway, all of us (hopefully) will reach pensionable age and thus benefit from the concession price.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
IMO that's a really sweeping generalisation.

Not all pensioners have final salary pensions.

Anyway, all of us (hopefully) will reach pensionable age and thus benefit from the concession price.
It could be argued that those not paying pensioner rates are subsidising the concessions

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m not sure why some get their Alan’s in a twist over a few empty seats. Capacity drops to about 90% if it’s a school night/shitty weather/train strike etc etc, It’s hardly life or death.
Agreed. There’s usually a 5-10% no show anyway.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I’m not sure why some get their Alan’s in a twist over a few empty seats. Capacity drops to about 90% if it’s a school night/shitty weather/train strike etc etc, It’s hardly life or death.

Absolutely, and makes life easier for those of us that do go. The Aston Villa match was a good atmosphere, easy to get food and drink and easier to get away from after the match.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Sell out!
A sell out with many thousands of tickets on the exchange and no doubt loads of people who havent bothered to put them on - its disappointing to say the least

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports