Better option for a manager?

• Chelsea

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm in a poll mood today and I can't figure out the answer. Chelsea and Spurs will be fishing in the same manager pool so which is the better option for an aspiring young Manager? Spurs with their higher position and new stadium but spendthrift owners or Chelsea with their Augustus Gloop of an owner who is like a rich kid trying to buy mates? Probably down down to Gloop offering silly money to get his man but if wages are the same, which is more appealing?

BTW, my Amazon tablet keeps autocorrecting Gloop as Bloom. He really does want our entire club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spurs have huge potential, if either Levy opened his wallet more or someone else came in they could do something, best stadium in the country and a massive market available to them. Plus a fanbase which will largely put up with a bit of mediocrity for a while as the rebuild starts, especially if the one really big ego in the club (Kane) is moved on this summer.

Whereas Chelsea is, IMHO, a bin fire in waiting which is just spending to stay afloat.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Note sure how much money a new Chelsea manager will be able to spend. For that reason, I think Spurs is the more attractive option.

They are a nicer club too.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Spurs aren’t spendthrift even though they have splashed nearly £180m on players this campaign. Spurs are a Kane injury/transfer from mid table. Chelsea - a basket case. They’ll be plenty of takers for both.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Neither.

If we’re talking Premier League then West Ham would be the better option when Moyes leaves in the summer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Neither.

If we’re talking Premier League then West Ham would be the better option when Moyes leaves in the summer.
West Ham, Chelsea or Spurs. I’d rather retire if they were my options.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't see Chelsea coming back for another Brighton Manager, their fans would kick up and I don't think that particulalr experiement will be repeated. They'll return to the norm of a big name and fire them once they deliver 3 consecutive losses.

I don't see Spuds going for anything other than a big name either.

I think I agree with @Lurchy and we might be more at risk if West Ham bin Moyes, not that I think it would be a good move for him

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Conte and Mourinho are anything to go by, they'll get a shot at both, eventually...

Edit: And AVB and Hoddle, apparently!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Spurs generally seem like a nicer, less entitled (with plenty of exceptions, obviously) bunch.

Well run club, fantastic stadium, loyal support and, if you understand and accept the model, I suspect it would be a decent place to work and develop a reputation at a very high level.

If, however your ultimate ambition as a manager is to be funded by an oil state/power hungry billionaire who wants to throw money around in order to win everything then maybe not.

That said, Chelsea would still be a bad option pretty much wheoever you are. Unless you have gambling debts, are being blackmailed or need to pay a ransom and thus genuinely need the level of £££ they'd pay.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm in a poll mood today and I can't figure out the answer. Chelsea and Spurs will be fishing in the same manager pool so which is the better option for an aspiring young Manager? Spurs with their higher position and new stadium but spendthrift owners or Chelsea with their Augustus Gloop of an owner who is like a rich kid trying to buy mates? Probably down down to Gloop offering silly money to get his man but if wages are the same, which is more appealing?

BTW, my Amazon tablet keeps autocorrecting Gloop as Bloom. He really does want our entire club.
To be honest, neither, both jobs are poisoned chalices. Not the place for an aspiring young manager either as GPott found out.

I think there is only a fairly small pool of established managers with a proven record of winning trophies, who could be successful at wither club, particularly true of Chelsea. It takes a special kind of person with a very strong will, who can mould a dressing room full of players with massive egos.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Neither.

I'd say Leicester is a better potential job TBH

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I'd say Leicester is a better potential job TBH

I disagree. One of the key reasons Rodgers found it hard this season is because Leicester need a complete rebuild. They’re full of players who are either coming to the end of their careers (Vardy & Evans) or are on the way out (Tielemans and Maddison). They didn’t replace either Fofanna or Schmeichel adequately either. Their transfer guru who signed Mahrez and Kante moved on, and their recruitment nosedived.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On reflection, if I was a manager I'd go for Spurs.........for the jerk chicken

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Tottenham is cocksucker to the max with Chelsea catching up. Tottenham have a better gaff. Overall not much between them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chelsea's budget (and squad) means there's better potential for trophies, so I guess Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here