Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea in home end

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Speaking about the Seagulls on talkSPORT, he said: “Brighton, my new favourite small team to beat. They are hilarious! They’re back where they are, mid-table.
“They were booing Cucurella, booing Caicedo, honestly, two of the best players on the pitch. And they even had the audacity to boo Conor Gallagher, who played for Palace, small club mentality, get back to mid-table.”

Meanwhile 500 or so Chelsea fans were picking on an autistic person, the usual homophobic gestures and taunts, but heaven forbid Brighton fans booo.

what a kunt
"Small club mentality" is celebrating likely qualification for the Conference League like you've won the Champions League! Certainly were made to look like one at that Arsenal away game...

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have said it before and will again, tickets should only be purchasable for the big 6 games on the exchange by people who have a purchase history (and attendance record) for games outside the big 6.

You want to come to the Chelsea game? See you against Burnley, Luton, Wolves, Bournemouth and Leicester first then.

This shouldn’t be too hard for the club to police in an era of electronic ticketing, and will shut out the hovering plastics who only register for their annual trip to the Amex to see their beloved Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have said it before and will again, tickets should only be purchasable for the big 6 games on the exchange by people who have a purchase history (and attendance record) for games outside the big 6.

You want to come to the Chelsea game? See you against Burnley, Luton, Wolves, Bournemouth and Leicester first then.

This shouldn’t be too hard for the club to police in an era of electronic ticketing, and will shut out the hovering plastics who only register for their annual trip to the Amex to see their beloved Chelsea, Liverpool etc.
Problem is if we have those "big" teams at home in the early part of the season you are barring legitimate Brighton fans who have bought their first membership

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Speaking about the Seagulls on talkSPORT, he said: “Brighton, my new favourite small team to beat. They are hilarious! They’re back where they are, mid-table.
“They were booing Cucurella, booing Caicedo, honestly, two of the best players on the pitch. And they even had the audacity to boo Conor Gallagher, who played for Palace, small club mentality, get back to mid-table.”

Meanwhile 500 or so Chelsea fans were picking on an autistic person, the usual homophobic gestures and taunts, but heaven forbid Brighton fans booo.

what a kunt

And yet when Chelsea played Man U they were booing Mason Mount and someone even held up a Mount shirt with Judas written on it. As for “best players on the pitch”? You’re having a laugh.

Chelsea our favourite club to laugh at and take lots of money from.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Problem is if we have those "big" teams at home in the early part of the season you are barring legitimate Brighton fans who have bought their first membership
Wasn’t thinking same season, could easily be historic, just designed to shut out those who only buy (e.g.) the Chelsea game every year

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
The Clubs decision to stop ticket sharing by simply giving bar code to friend (which I know we weren`t supposed to do but a lot did) has seriously changed the mood atmosphere around us in WSL. Loads of empty seats. Few unruly Chelsea (two near me got marching orders). Many more I`m sure who kept quiet. Also group of Brighton fans(presume bought tickets on exchange). who seemed to think ref and linos were biased or cheats and kept shouting abuse at tops of their voices. The booing of Caiecedo seemed ironic. If you think logically he was the best thing that has happened to us, He made a cool £85 million profit for the club. The game was great. Pity James didn`t lash out earlier in the game. 19 minutes of extra time !!! Really hoping Sundays game will be back to the normal crowd around us.
Had some absolute nause in W3F row J sitting right behind me screaming all sorts of nonsense for the whole game right in my ear.

His mates were nothing like him, just chatted normally - felt sorry for them having to put up with that every game!

Then had to put up with several hundred proper Chels in the train queue.

An absolute nause-fest of an evening!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The seats wouldn’t be empty if we could pass on our ST to Albion fans who can’t normally get to a game for whatever reason ( mostly financial).
Not to be a pedant, and it's annoying as hell to find yourself sat next to an opposition, or uninterested ticket holder, but you can essentially do that now, it's just monitored in a way it didn't used to be.

The reason the club bought those rules in, was because fans were abusing the system, often selling their tickets for individual profit (sometimes enormously) and often to opposition fans. It is annoying to have to sort out passing tickets on through the system, but it is there to try and stop the issue at the core of this thread.

The real issue is that too many season ticket holders have decided to put their seats on the exchange and it is very easy to pick up a ticket there as an opposition fan. Especially if you know a Brighton STH already. I could pick up 2 STH guest tickets for Sundays match and give them to anyone I want.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They like to brag about it, look at the thread of tweets especially how many in the SWC filming the Chelsea players.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Ironically the worst club for having fans around me this season was Luton. Probably a one off though as it was their first game in the prem.

What needs to happen is stewards need to have a zero tolerance. Won't happen though as the club are more interested in chasing the bucks.

One of the reasons I didn't bother last night is I knew my seat would be surrounded by Chelsea fans. I've had enough of it this season and if I had to renew on a season by season basis I very much doubt I would have done this year.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As long as they behave themselves, yes.
I saw a few people at half time, swaying about all over the place, obviously in 'hospitatlity' they were absolutely battered. No idea which side they were on, or if they even knew themselves. I’d be amazed if they were still conscious at full time

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
They like to brag about it, look at the thread of tweets especially how many in the SWC filming the Chelsea players.

The swc was a joke last night never felt like a minority in a home ground and you know how many years I’ve been going genuinely uncomfortable experience with me and my daughter even having to move seats

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The swc was a joke last night never felt like a minority in a home ground and you know how many years I’ve been going genuinely uncomfortable experience with me and my daughter even having to move seats
Have you thought about moving your season tickets to maybe the North West corner or West Upper?
I’ve never been in the SWC but not sure I would enjoy being there

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Have you thought about moving your season tickets to maybe the North West corner or West Upper?
We have to be front row (my youngest has trouble seeing she is short) the west upper can’t has mrs tore her acl 10 years ago and not recovered,we have some brilliant friends in swc so don’t want to move

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
it can be ok, but not really for me, i would suggest the family stand if you have a daughter or child, it can be funny watching the young lads in the clobber about 9-12 looking in amazement at the north, longing to be able to go there and Ave it...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We have to be front row (my youngest has trouble seeing she short) the west upper can’t has mrs tore her acl 10 years ago and not recovered,we have some brilliant friends in swc so don’t want to move
alright tarzan....
(I meant Mongo from blazing saddles actually, they both work)

she short, him not so big, me no like away fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here