[Albion] Chelsea in home end

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Horrible club, pre and post 2003. Remember in the early 80's they came down to the Goldstone and caused mayhem

In 2016 they were top of the PL table when it came to Voting Brexit. Always had a horrible element with a racist undercurrent

Exactly!

On the train back to Brighton, one of ours was telling one of theirs about our European away days -- disappointing as this Chelsea lad had just been chanting homophobic slurs so why the banter? When he mentioned Rome, the Chelsea lad brought up the stabbings and said: "Italians are savages, aren't they?" I pointed out that statistically, more Brighton supporters had been stabbed over the years by Chelsea fans than by Italians. He said he had no clue what I was talking about :dunce: Which made it all the more funny when on the train back to London I sat behind two older Chelsea fans who reminisced about the good old days when they bashed heads in at every match.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A hollow crass club. a curious symbiosis of in the flesh Reebok classiced pasty geezers and legions of defensive online Asians and Africans. Desperately lurching about for a sense of identity.
I have seen the vitriol spouted by what seems like the above and have often wondered if they actually went to a game and witnessed some of the deplorable behaviour and looked at Chelsea's far right connections in the past to various right wing organisations would they still follow this horrible club.
I just do not get it.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The Clubs decision to stop ticket sharing by simply giving bar code to friend (which I know we weren`t supposed to do but a lot did) has seriously changed the mood atmosphere around us in WSL. Loads of empty seats. Few unruly Chelsea (two near me got marching orders). Many more I`m sure who kept quiet. Also group of Brighton fans(presume bought tickets on exchange). who seemed to think ref and linos were biased or cheats and kept shouting abuse at tops of their voices. The booing of Caiecedo seemed ironic. If you think logically he was the best thing that has happened to us, He made a cool £85 million profit for the club. The game was great. Pity James didn`t lash out earlier in the game. 19 minutes of extra time !!! Really hoping Sundays game will be back to the normal crowd around us.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I have seen the vitriol spouted by what seems like the above and have often wondered if they actually went to a game and witnessed some of the deplorable behaviour and looked at Chelsea's far right connections in the past to various right wing organisations would they still follow this horrible club.
I just do not get it.
Yes it's a very uneasy collaboration. Just people who have never been anywhere near London never mind Stamford Bridge and know absolutely nothing about the roots or background of the club beyond shiny TV marketing. Nothing wrong with that in essence. Can just never understand how anyone can get so worked up and pretend-in-love to the point of aggression with something they have absolutely no connection with whatsoever.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Someone I know once came to the Amex as an away fan in the home end. He was sat SW corner right by the away fans (of his own team obviously). Those away fans sent the entire match abusing him and he said he's never going to do it again as it was a miserable experience.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Chelsea fans are some of the worst chavs I've ever encountered in my life. On the coach park stairs after the match there was a female Chelsea fan that looked like Astrid Wet's poor cousin. She had a kid about 8 years old with her and she kept singing that "blue is our colour, Chelsea is our name" song. Someone told her to give it a rest and she went off on one about how no one can tell her what to do and it ended with her going "leave me f***ing alone, I'm her with my f***ing kid" which just about summed up her parenting perfectly. Utter chav.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have been in the away a few times and minded my own business, several times in including Manchester United in 92 & 93 that was due to me living up there and getting complimentary tickets as I did flooring for some one who worked in the ticket office, I had no danger of giving myself away as we lost on both occasions, it was horrible on every occasion seeing our fans loud and proud, heart breaking.

My oddest experience was at the Albion, my wife's mum from the States was over visiting the week before and mentioned she knew the chairman or something of Derby, I said oh we play them in a week or so and a friend of mine was a Derby fan, so she makes a call and tells me there are three tickets for me for the match go the ticket office on the day and they will be waiting for you.....

Yep you guessed it, me. a Brighton fan friend and the Derby fan (who lived down here since the 80s) in with the Derby fans, and it was awful, on a Tuesday night them bouncing blow up sheep around, we stood at the back and some young lads got quite suspicious of us, as they obviously had never seen us before and our noted lack of this is shite as the Albion banged in our second. I can honestly say it was the least most enjoyable victory I have witnessed live, needless to say I declined any further ticket offers.

I think the yank on the board has since left Derby under a cloud.
Several years ago my other half got 2 complimentary tickets for Old Trafford when we played there, in the home end. We could see the away fans further down and away to our left, so it felt really strange. We just clapped politely when Utd scored, but so, it seems, did all the fans around us. I'm fairly sure we were in the middle of a tourist section rather than home fans.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Loads in 1901 East/Goldstone Rest, including well known TV personality and longtime Chelsea supporter, Mr John Inverdale and his family.

This age old debate rumbles on, all the time the club are prepared to take money from away fans for the corporate hospitality, the Inverdale family for example would have paid over £1,400 for their night out, there will always be away fans scattered around the ground for the 'big games'.

If they behave, and are respectful, especially in victory, is there really a problem?

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
I empathise with your head scratching! I got invited to attend lunch etc for the Bournemouth game at equivalent to our 1901 club. Then had to sit amongst the most die hard Bournemouth fans just behind the dug outs. I never imagined I'd have to rise to clap THREE times. But, I was crying deeply inside every time I watched our defence sliced viciously apart.... so cruel. Worse still, I never got a chance to even halfway scratch my head. Worse than that, at coffee up in the lounge after the match I had to smile and laugh as I listened to their man of the match proudly proclaim that they had thrashed us!!!! At least the locals thought the tears rolling down my cheeks were the product of excessive happiness :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loads in 1901 East/Goldstone Rest, including well known TV personality and longtime Chelsea supporter, Mr John Inverdale and his family.

This age old debate rumbles on, all the time the club are prepared to take money from away fans for the corporate hospitality, the Inverdale family for example would have paid over £1,400 for their night out, there will always be away fans scattered around the ground for the 'big games'.

If they behave, and are respectful, especially in victory, is there really a problem?
👍

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Speaking of Chelsea tossers.
That bell end Cundy has had his little whinge about us.
Obviously Mrs Cundy has let him open his gob.

What a weapons grade twat. So fans aren't allowed to try wind up opposition players now. Should we be sat there applauding Cucurealla and Caicedo for playing jolly well. Gallagher played for Palace and got sent off in the reverse fixture he's prime for a bit of booing too. Get over it you f***ing clown. Respect is earnt, notice he didn't mention that Levi Colwill got a decent reception when he first came out to warm up.

If we are such a small mid-table club why has your big club had to pay nearly a quarter of a billion pounds over the last couple of years. We can't have anything that would interest such a big club as Chelsea.

Really hope results go against them at the weekend and Newcastle beat them to 6th and then Man Utd win the FA Cup meaning they don't qualify for Europe. I know that means United get Europe next season but it would be hilarious to see the Billion Pound Bottle Jobs miss out again.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Really hope results go against them at the weekend and Newcastle beat them to 6th and then Man Utd win the FA Cup meaning they don't qualify for Europe. I know that means United get Europe next season but it would be hilarious to see the Billion Pound Bottle Jobs miss out again.
I have no faith in Utd so just counting on the Toons beating Brentford and Bournemouth beating Chelsea. They'll sing about going on a European tour but we all know that deep down they consider the Conference League tinpot -- which will make it all the sweeter when some "small club" knocks them out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Speaking about the Seagulls on talkSPORT, he said: “Brighton, my new favourite small team to beat. They are hilarious! They’re back where they are, mid-table.
“They were booing Cucurella, booing Caicedo, honestly, two of the best players on the pitch. And they even had the audacity to boo Conor Gallagher, who played for Palace, small club mentality, get back to mid-table.”

Meanwhile 500 or so Chelsea fans were picking on an autistic person, the usual homophobic gestures and taunts, but heaven forbid Brighton fans booo.

what a kunt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports