Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea in home end

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I really don’t see the point in doing it, I did it once and really wish I hadn’t bothered. West Ham away and we win 1-0 to see all the Albion fans going mental just made it worse.
Well we’re all different, I’m going over old coals here but four of us in the Ajax end had a great time. We didn’t get outed till late in the second half and at the end of the match it was handshakes all round. (Although I accept that probably wouldn’t have happened at West Ham!)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There is nothing wrong with sitting in the wrong end as an away fan. As long as you aren't in colours or openly supporting the away team. If you can't control yourself then getting thrown out is obviously going to happen

Let’s face it. Probably over half the stadium grew up supporting other teams
in WSU there was a young girl, aged 10 or 11 at a guess, wearing a Chelsea polo shirt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don’t even hate Chelsea they’re just cringe, their fans, their owners, their players. They can have their 6th place, their billion pound squad and fans from nowhere near south west London. We may have some new tourist fans and day trippers, but most of our fans are from the local area and support their local team. I for one was born in Brighton and have lived a short distance from Brighton my whole life. How many Chelsea fans can say that? Their club is fake and plastic.
This.

I had to get the train back to Hassocks (via bloody Haywards Heath) last night, and there were Chelsea on the train. Three young lads banging on about their season and who was ‘quality’ and how they were going to finish above Liverpool next year and that the European Cup places would be easy to achieve - and they lived in Burgess Hill. Sussex FFS! They should be ashamed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Needs must.

I went up to Reading about 20 years ago and behaved myself, and at 91 minutes it seemed Gary Hart scored the winner. Me and, gorblimey, about 20 others I didn't know were there, leapt up to celebrate. Goal chalked off to enormous and gesticulatory ribaldry from the majority locals in the stand. Bang to rights. Luckily, final whistle went, and we were off.

I have sat or stood in the home end on numerous occasions watching us in the lower leagues.

Like you I witnessed a 1-0 away win in the home enclosure, and had to sit quietly when the goal went in . Forster. Millwall. :love:

I bloody loved it. It was delicious. I particularly enjoyed my tutting.
Folk moaning about away fans in the home end should indeed first ask if they have done it themselves. I have on multiple occasions- including for an away at Millwall.

The funniest one was at Huddersfield where I also went to celebrate a goal. My right arm threw in the air, I managed to suddenly pull it back as if scratching my head. Thankfully I can speak Alan Bennett Yorkshire, so would have been fine in the event of query.

The other bugbear I have is complaints about 'football tourists' from folk who doubtless have pictures of themselves at a match in the Nou Camp or somewhere as such.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never understood getting wound up over the odd away fan in the home end. Hundreds of Brighton fans did it at Ajax , coordinated on here 🤷🏻‍♂️
Because the odd away fans mentioned in these threads are usually twats that over do their goal celebrations or abuse Albion fans.
These threads usually mention the odd away fan being thrown out for being a twat.

As mentioned on these types of thread a million times……most Albion fans aren’t bothered or wouldn’t notice the odd away fan not wearing colours and keeping quiet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because the odd away fans mentioned in these threads are usually twats that over do their goal celebrations or abuse Albion fans.
These threads usually mention the odd away fan being thrown out for being a twat.

As mentioned on these types of thread a million times……most Albion fans aren’t bothered or wouldn’t notice the odd away fan not wearing colours and keeping quiet.
Exactly this. I don't begrudge away fans getting into home areas as long as the appropriate level of respect is given. No wearing colours and no acting like a complete cnt if you score. Celebrate briefly but don't be obnoxious.

I remember leaping up and punching the air to celebrate a Kerry Mayo equaliser in the home end at Southampton years ago before sitting down and minding my own business. I've been in the home end at away games several times and never once attracted the wrong sort of attention. It's not that difficult.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
This.

I had to get the train back to Hassocks (via bloody Haywards Heath) last night, and there were Chelsea on the train. Three young lads banging on about their season and who was ‘quality’ and how they were going to finish above Liverpool next year and that the European Cup places would be easy to achieve - and they lived in Burgess Hill. Sussex FFS! They should be ashamed.
I had the same journey as you and moved seat because I couldn't bear to keep hearing those three. Amongst other things they said that they didn't know why we were pumped about our European tour because we got smashed by Roma but if Chelsea had been there they would have won the whole competition.....

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
I had the same journey as you and moved seat because I couldn't bear to keep hearing those three. Amongst other things they said that they didn't know why we were pumped about our European tour because we got smashed by Roma but if Chelsea had been there they would have won the whole competition.....
Can't wait for them to be eliminated from Conference League -- I know, I know, being hopeful they finish seventh -- by a Molde.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have been in the away a few times and minded my own business, several times in including Manchester United in 92 & 93 that was due to me living up there and getting complimentary tickets as I did flooring for some one who worked in the ticket office, I had no danger of giving myself away as we lost on both occasions, it was horrible on every occasion seeing our fans loud and proud, heart breaking.

My oddest experience was at the Albion, my wife's mum from the States was over visiting the week before and mentioned she knew the chairman or something of Derby, I said oh we play them in a week or so and a friend of mine was a Derby fan, so she makes a call and tells me there are three tickets for me for the match go the ticket office on the day and they will be waiting for you.....

Yep you guessed it, me. a Brighton fan friend and the Derby fan (who lived down here since the 80s) in with the Derby fans, and it was awful, on a Tuesday night them bouncing blow up sheep around, we stood at the back and some young lads got quite suspicious of us, as they obviously had never seen us before and our noted lack of this is shite as the Albion banged in our second. I can honestly say it was the least most enjoyable victory I have witnessed live, needless to say I declined any further ticket offers.

I think the yank on the board has since left Derby under a cloud.

Last edited:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Needs must.

I went up to Reading about 20 years ago and behaved myself, and at 91 minutes it seemed Gary Hart scored the winner. Me and, gorblimey, about 20 others I didn't know were there, leapt up to celebrate. Goal chalked off to enormous and gesticulatory ribaldry from the majority locals in the stand. Bang to rights. Luckily, final whistle went, and we were off.
Yep, we were at that game in the same area. Seemed more than 20 though. Was so funny seeing all these random blokes suddenly jump up, then sheepishly sit back down again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, we were at that game in the same area. Seemed more than 20 though. Was so funny seeing all these random blokes suddenly jump up, then sheepishly sit back down again.
When I say 20, I mean 200. :wink:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Chelsea seem to attract a particular brand of total bell-end which makes them stand-out so obviously.
Definitely. They are such a no mark club despite their wealth and last couple of decades of success. A hollow crass club. a curious symbiosis of in the flesh Reebok classiced pasty geezers and legions of defensive online Asians and Africans. Desperately lurching about for a sense of identity.

I was reading one fan talking about our hatred for them. Mate, you just funded us for the next ten years and when Cucurella moves on you'll just be irrelevant again.

It seems to give bigger clubs some kind of sustenance to believe other teams are 'obsessed' with them. Rather than having to suffer the irritation of being dragged temporarily into their Gucci clad shitty orbit due to them buying half our team and management.

Reactions: abc

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Horrible club, pre and post 2003. Remember in the early 80's they came down to the Goldstone and caused mayhem

In 2016 they were top of the PL table when it came to Voting Brexit. Always had a horrible element with a racist undercurrent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here