Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea game in Boston

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
After a bit of advice from our American friends. I’m in Boston for the marathon and need a place to see the Chelsea game in a pub. Game starts at 10. Is there likely to be anything open at that time?
I’m doing the Jamaica Pond parkrun before so will be pretty central.
Any advice welcome

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
After a bit of advice from our American friends. I’m in Boston for the marathon and need a place to see the Chelsea game in a pub. Game starts at 10. Is there likely to be anything open at that time?
Any advice welcome
Yes plenty of places if you fancy a tea party.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any advice welcome
I thought @Lenny Rider ’s post was good but this one trumps it. Double points for look-at-me I’m in Boston and look-at-me I qualified for the Boston marathon.

For those who don’t know…you can only run the Boston marathon if you get a qualifying time I.e. are a pretty decent runner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to clarify….I’m not being sarcastic…I genuinely love a good “do you know a pub in…” post.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I thought @Lenny Rider ’s post was good but this one trumps it. Double points for look-at-me I’m in Boston and look-at-me I qualified for the Boston marathon.

For those who don’t know…you can only run the Boston marathon if you get a qualifying time I.e. are a pretty decent runner.
Ok I’m fessing up. I’m out here for the marathon but only with my wife who’s doing it. I’m the water boy.
I will be doing the parkrun though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now you're bragging about how fit your wife is, good work. Top-tier posting right there
Im impressed.

A new bar has been set for thinly veiled bragging.

dirtynine

May 1, 2009
This is too late to help, but for future reference check out the Phoenix Landing just across the river in Cambridge. Central Square on the red line. Great footie pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here