Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea fixture now 18th January 8pm ko

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Maybe but the match timings / tv scheduling is no different. In the Championship you still get regular movement for TV due to the Sky contract and more evening games than in the PL. (to fit in the 46 v 38 game season). Ask QPR how many times they've played at Saturday 3pm this season.

what odds BHA will play no 3pm ko on a Saturday this season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some of you lot are forgetting in the EFL we had 13 midweek fixtures a season !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Given we still have to slot in Man Utd(A) and Spurs(H) somewhere I'm not surprised they have tried to get this in asap. It will never please everyone but makes sense to me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
two 8pm evening KO in 5 days at home how often does that happen. Its late school night not great for kids attending but I guess this constant reshuffling is part of being in the PL.

You know it was due to be played at 8pm on TUESDAY 8th February, right?!?

And the Palace game is on a FRIDAY, so obviously not a school night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure it makes much difference as it was a midweek game and Biss would have missed the 8 Feb match anyway. Chelsea will still be down to their 128 player bare bones squad so still a decent time to play them. We were getting a game that week I guess as its would have been the FA Cup 3rd round replay week isn't it, so could have been Spurs or Utd away.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given we still have to slot in Man Utd(A) and Spurs(H) somewhere I'm not surprised they have tried to get this in asap. It will never please everyone but makes sense to me.

I think most fans are understanding of the situation and that it is challenging for clubs to squeeze in matches given the large number of postponements.

What is disappointing is the lack of understanding coming from the other direction. Many won't be able to make the match now but cannot transfer their tickets under the present rules to a friend/neighbour/relative etc who might have been able to go instead...unless they are willing to pay for an 'upgrade' to their ST and the recipient is either a member of or is willing to pay a MyAlbion+ fee.

It's noticeable that even the Albion themselves are not trying to sell tickets for a match taking place in just 12 days time, so the chances of the ticket exchange being available are somewhere between slim and none.

Tickets.jpg

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I think most fans are understanding of the situation and that it is challenging for clubs to squeeze in matches given the large number of postponements.

What is disappointing is the lack of understanding coming from the other direction. Many won't be able to make the match now but cannot transfer their tickets under the present rules to a friend/neighbour/relative etc who might have been able to go instead...unless they are willing to pay for an 'upgrade' to their ST and the recipient is either a member of or is willing to pay a MyAlbion+ fee.

It's noticeable that even the Albion themselves are not trying to sell tickets for a match taking place in just 12 days time, so the chances of the ticket exchange being available are somewhere between slim and none.

View attachment 143491

Actually the tickets go on sale tomorrow according to me email from the club! But we'll done shoehorning the debate on ST sharing into yet another thread😂

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Obviously those lucky enough to be there will give their manager a warm welcome appropriate to the classy way he behaved at the end of last weeks match ... or possibly not ....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bow to your superior keeping knowledge, but from what I've seen I rate Mendy some way ahead of Kepa personally.

He is ahead of him, but Kepa is a good keeper, too. Mendy will make more big, impressive saves, and commands his area better, but is also way more prone to a costly rash decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here