Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea fixture now 18th January 8pm ko

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Am I missing something, wasn't it meant to be 8th of Feb? Why bring it forward?

They could never make 8th Feb due to FIFA Club World Cup

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hopefully Man City would have given them a thrashing on the previous Saturday and they’d have realised the Carribou cup was the one to go for

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't go straight from work?

Too risky trying to get back to Faversham by train from Falmer (F-Brighton, Brighton to Victoria, Victoria to Fav) in mid winter, with train cancellations due to staff shortages (Covid). I have an early start, too, making the day far too long for an old b'stard like me. This is the first lab practical I have run in nearly 2 years so I can't bunk off early and leave my assistants to it (like I might do later in the semester, when everyone is up to speed).

Just my luck to miss our first ever league win over the pensioners.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
Another part of the reason why this can be played now is because that midweek was designated for FA Cup 3rd Round Replays - which have of course been scrapped.

Given we had 3 games to rearrange - all against teams still in either European competition or likely to go far in the domestic Cups, leading to them having further rearranging - it makes sense to try and get at least one of the games done now whilst we can.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Reactions to this seem to be dependent on whether fans' glasses are half full or half empty, a bit like the Amex itself recently on matchdays.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
two 8pm evening KO in 5 days at home how often does that happen. Its late school night not great for kids attending but I guess this constant reshuffling is part of being in the PL. Not great dont like it but would i prefer Championship league 1 football instead and less movement? Nah

Given Omicron is forecast to blow out by the end of January, would have been good to slot this in later than the original date rather than earlier. But we know where fan welfare comes in the pecking order I guess

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
two 8pm evening KO in 5 days at home how often does that happen. Its late school night not great for kids attending but I guess this constant reshuffling is part of being in the PL. Not great dont like it but would i prefer Championship league 1 football instead and less movement? Nah

Maybe but the match timings / tv scheduling is no different. In the Championship you still get regular movement for TV due to the Sky contract and more evening games than in the PL. (to fit in the 46 v 38 game season). Ask QPR how many times they've played at Saturday 3pm this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here