Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea fined for [Abramovich era] FFP breaches

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chelsea have agreed a settlement with Uefa and will pay 10m euros (£8.6m) for "submitting incomplete financial information" during the time Roman Abramovich was the club's owner.

A statement from European football's governing body said it related to the period 2012 to 2019.

Uefa added: "Following its assessment, including the applicable statute of limitations, the CFCB (Club Financial Control Body) First Chamber entered into a settlement agreement with the club, which has agreed to pay a financial contribution of 10m euros to fully resolve the reported matters."

"We are waiting for the situation to change. If you asked me what I would like, I would like him to stay with us but it is not my work, my work is to tell my owner that if Caicedo leaves that we need another big important midfielder."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and in related news, Juventus have been kicked out of this season's Europa Conference League for similar reasons.

Convenient for Chelsea to get this out the way during a season where they failed to qualify for European football, ya think?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What is the point? £8.5 Million to Chelsea is petty cash.

These fines should be a % of turnover. transfer spend or similar. Something that will discourage the cheating bastards. A transfer ban or significant points deducted.

At 8.5 million, its actually worth it for Chelsea to break the rules, they will have made more money than that

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rather than a fine, for each financial year that they failed to adhere to FPP regulations they should have been banned from Europe, so if was each financial year from 2012 to 2019 then a seven year ban from Europe.

That would have sent a strong message, but no doubt UEFA are still worried about a breakaway competition and doubt want to upset the big clubs too much.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
What is the point? £8.5 Million to Chelsea is petty cash.

These fines should be a % of turnover. transfer spend or similar. Something that will discourage the cheating bastards. A transfer ban or significant points deducted.

At 8.5 million, its actually worth it for Chelsea to break the rules, they will have made more money than that
Should be a transfer ban, surely! :)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
So breaking FFP get's you a fine equivalent to Premier League pocket money. No wonder most clubs don't give FFP a second glance.

Not worth the paper it's written on. Chelsea should be relegated!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rather than a fine, for each financial year that they failed to adhere to FPP regulations they should have been banned from Europe, so if was each financial year from 2012 to 2019 then a seven year ban from Europe.

That would have sent a strong message, but no doubt UEFA are still worried about a breakaway competition and doubt want to upset the big clubs too much.
Perhaps the PL will take action and deduct points.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...and in related news, Juventus have been kicked out of this season's Europa Conference League for similar reasons.

Convenient for Chelsea to get this out the way during a season where they failed to qualify for European football, ya think?
Very convenient. As they cannot be kicked out of Europe because they're not in it, they should have had a 12 month transfer ban instead (ban on incoming transfers that is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here