Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Chelsea FC - should they be allowed to continue?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Perhaps clubs with owners facing sanctions could be put into some form of administration, just to ensure that funds are not funnelled via club to owner, or by owner into club in an attempt to hide assets?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This trustee thing is a complete sham.

Abramovich will clearly retain control over the finances and big decisions.

But as has been said, there are other clubs with Russian owners as well.

With all these clubs, government can't just strip the oligarch's of their ownership against their will. They have the benefit of the rule of law and that should remain.

The competitions themselves could sanction the clubs, but I don't see how they could do it meaningfully. I don't see the PL chairmen voting to kick Chelsea and Everton out. The fans don't seem interested in putting significant pressure.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Once you start down the road of sanctioning a club because of its ownership, where do you stop? Gambling is fast rising up the ladder of perceived social evils, so will a time come when TB is thought to be unacceptable as a football club owner?

Sadly, as soon as the Premier League allowed Saudi Arabia to take over Newcastle, any such arguments lost all validity. Abramovich is just a friend of a murderous dictator, while the the Newcastle owners are a branch of the same government that bombs hospitals in Yemen.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Perhaps clubs with owners facing sanctions could be put into some form of administration, just to ensure that funds are not funnelled via club to owner, or by owner into club in an attempt to hide assets?

[SUB][/SUB]

A DULLARD of this parish recently revealed that Chelsea have lost more money than any other club in world football, so I'd venture to suggest that all the funds are flowing in one direction at Stamford Bridge.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This trustee thing is a complete sham.

Abramovich will clearly retain control over the finances and big decisions.

But as has been said, there are other clubs with Russian owners as well.

With all these clubs, government can't just strip the oligarch's of their ownership against their will. They have the benefit of the rule of law and that should remain.

The competitions themselves could sanction the clubs, but I don't see how they could do it meaningfully. I don't see the PL chairmen voting to kick Chelsea and Everton out. The fans don't seem interested in putting significant pressure.

You could kick them both out of the FA Cup for a start. UEFA should kick all Russian funded teams as well as Russian teams out of their competitions. The world is on the brink - and people are worried about upsetting a few fans, or how it effects football.:shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[SUB][/SUB]

A DULLARD of this parish recently revealed that Chelsea have lost more money than any other club in world football, so I'd venture to suggest that all the funds are flowing in one direction at Stamford Bridge.

Usually I am sure, however if all your personal banking facilities are closed to you, but a business that you have control of can shift millions around, you might try and use that business to pay your bills.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20220304-164036_Chrome.jpg

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
As a Fulham supporter, I'd like our owners to buy Chelscum and close it down. The only reason they exist is because a greedy **** Director of ours wanted us to move there in the 1890s but the other Directors refused.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-name-during-ukraine-tribute-against-burnley

Chelsea fans chant Roman Abramovich's name during Ukraine tribute at Burnley

Chelsea fans sing Roman Abramovich's name ahead of their Premier League encounter against Burnley; Show of support for outgoing Blues owner comes as all 20 clubs are taking part in gestures of solidary with Ukraine; "It was not the moment to do this," Thomas Tuchel says

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-name-during-ukraine-tribute-against-burnley

Chelsea fans chant Roman Abramovich's name during Ukraine tribute at Burnley

Chelsea fans sing Roman Abramovich's name ahead of their Premier League encounter against Burnley; Show of support for outgoing Blues owner comes as all 20 clubs are taking part in gestures of solidary with Ukraine; "It was not the moment to do this," Thomas Tuchel says

Just banter. Winding up the racist home supporters.

Oh....hang on.....:facepalm:

Amazing how a few beers and a bit of puff empowers men to cross every line.

We can only thank our lucky stars that Yorkshire hasn't started an insurgency, and Jimmy Savile was a member of the Chelsea board, or sure as eggs is eggs, they would be waving the imaginary cigars and chanting 'now then, now then'.

:wanker:s:wanker:s:wanker:s

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Kudos to Tuchel calling them out, although they’ll probably boo him

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Just banter. Winding up the racist home supporters.

Oh....hang on.....:facepalm:

Amazing how a few beers and a bit of puff empowers men to cross every line.

We can only thank our lucky stars that Yorkshire hasn't started an insurgency, and Jimmy Savile was a member of the Chelsea board, or sure as eggs is eggs, they would be waving the imaginary cigars and chanting 'now then, now then'.

:wanker:s:wanker:s:wanker:s

“Jimmy Saville, he one of OUR own!” was good enough for them so called Leeds fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“Jimmy Saville, he one of OUR own!” was good enough for them so called Leeds fans

The Leeds fans didn't sing that in celebration of the man did they? I thought it was Brighton fans singing one of YOUR own to wind up the tykes. Not the same as Chelsea celebrating their owner at all. Apologies if the Leeds fand do revere Savile and I missed it.

That said.....I am no more concerned about Abramovic today than I was ten years ago. His sin is being an oligarch, having used cronyism and his undoubted talents to get rich. What its true today was true when he took over the club. His present predicament is due to his being collateral damage in the crisis. He has hardly been treading the world's stage, promoting Putin :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here