Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea end of ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What ever happens, you can't just turn off your support just like that.

Brighton is my local team now, enjoying my season ticket this past 8 years but I will always be a Chelsea fan.

Before you all start, it is possible to watch/support more than one team. I have always gone to watch my local team as I've moved around, used to be a regular at Portsmouth, Southampton and Weymouth....

See ya in the Norf Stand on Saturday.......

I really do get the 'unable to turn off your support' bit.

I would love not to support a Prem team in some ways, as it is obscene the amount of kudos. attention and money that it attracts. But as you say, cannot walk away now.

But I could not claim to have supported multiple teams over the years. I have a passing interest in Arsenal, but in years gone by I would give their fans as much grief as any other when we played them, these days the best I can manage is to just ignore them. When push comes to shove, I am Brighton, and always will be.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Of course, you should only be a fan of your home town team. That is what football should all be about. Switching allegiance from, say. Brighton to Derby i can understand if you move up there and they become your local team. I would never do it myself (or move to Derby!) but I can see why a not-so-committed fan might do so.

Hang on a minute. You’ve just condemned me to supporting either Sheerness or Gillingham. I’m not having that.

I’m assuming some sort of grace should be permitted for those whose parents showed them the one true way? My dad was born in Ringmer and, as far as football was concerned, it was Brighton or nothing.

Footnote. My daughter was born in Woking. Not sure who her nearest league club would be and sure, we could have gone to see our local team but what do you think I was going to do? She was frogmarched down to Withdean as soon as was reasonably possible. Job done.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hang on a minute. You’ve just condemned me to supporting either Sheerness or Gillingham. I’m not having that.

I’m assuming some sort of grace should be permitted for those whose parents showed them the one true way? My dad was born in Ringmer and, as far as football was concerned, it was Brighton or nothing.

Footnote. My daughter was born in Woking. Not sure who her nearest league club would be and sure, we could have gone to see our local team but what do you think I was going to do? She was frogmarched down to Withdean as soon as was reasonably possible. Job done.

and...It's Palace. Jim, Jim, Jim. :facepalm:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Would it be Reading?

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
That’s great but you’re not really a Brighton fan are you? You’re a fan of football, and nothing wrong with that. Just don’t move to Croydon ;)

Spot on, nail on head. I am a fan of football...I'm not a Brighton fan but really enjoy going to see them.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

There is a certain amount of leeway in how you define your "home town team". Born and bred in Hassocks, for example, but supporting Liverpool, despite having no family connection to the city and never having lived within 200 miles, is outside the "leeway zone".

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Watching the news tonight, it's quite funny.

Chelsea fans all complaining about the affect on the poor football fans.
If Spurs had a sanctioned owner they would be fully supportive. Total hypocrites!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just read interesting article about Ken Bates. When he sold out he formed "Chelsea Pitch owners" Gave Chelsea FC a 999 year lease and sold shares to supporters and doesnt matter how many shares you have only have one vote. There are now thousands. They also own the Chelsea name and Chelsea FC name can only be used if they play at Stanford Bridge. What a great way of protecting the ground for supporters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently the "Saudi Media Group" is interested in buying the club.... Saudi Arabia executed 81 people this Saturday for a variety of offenses such as "deviant beliefs".

I dont like what is happening in Ukraine more than anyone else but I find it appalling how a lot of people look in another direction when it comes to allied countries doing tyrannical shit.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Apparently the "Saudi Media Group" is interested in buying the club.... Saudi Arabia executed 81 people this Saturday for a variety of offenses such as "deviant beliefs".

I dont like what is happening in Ukraine more than anyone else but I find it appalling how a lot of people look in another direction when it comes to allied countries doing tyrannical shit.

Nope, I’ve never seen anyone on here supportive of Arab ownership of PL football clubs. That’s just another lie you have made up about our ‘shit’ football club boyo.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Because Newcastle has been assessed as not the government then I guess this could be allowed despite the fact that in a dictatorship all the rich bods will be close to government but Newcastle isn’t government because they said they are not. Just two completely independent groups.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nope, I’ve never seen anyone on here supportive of Arab ownership of PL football clubs. That’s just another lie you have made up about our ‘shit’ football club boyo.

Really wasnt a comment directed at Brighton fans in particular but at society as a whole. I think the message from above is clear: Saudi Arabia can do whatever they like without any repercussions, sanctions or the likes, because they are our allies, while Russia cant do the same thing because they are not our allies. In what other way is it possible to interpret the different way we treat these nations?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Really wasnt a comment directed at Brighton fans in particular but at society as a whole. I think the message from above is clear: Saudi Arabia can do whatever they like without any repercussions, sanctions or the likes, because they are our allies, while Russia cant do the same thing because they are not our allies. In what other way is it possible to interpret the different way we treat these nations?

They are not our 'allies' in the sense they would come to our aid in a War Situation.

They are the biggest Oil producing nation in the world.

The sooner we get off hydrocarbon dependence the better the World will be in all sorts of ways.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost

Russia could do what they liked until a couple of weeks ago without sanction, including using chemical weapons on British soil. In the money-infested cesspool of modern football, anyone with money can do anything until it looks like a PR disaster. And it absolutely stinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here