Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea bid £105m for Enzo Fernandez

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not only that, but some of the worst fans of any club, anywhere. The arrogance is breathtaking- all of them claim to have been The Chels forever, which is strange considering those crowds of 8-10,000 they were playing in front of during the late 1980s. God knows why they've got Winstanley and Macaulay in: I can only assume their role is now to be the one who throws the dart at the board and is then responsible for phoning up the club of the player it lands on.They have achieved the outstanding feat of making the Saudis only the second most dislikable club in English football right now, and that really is quite something.
Nail. Head. Hit

And it would be funny if they didn't get the Enzo deal over the line tonight!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club sold its soul in 2003, they represent everything that is bad about the state of English football. Still turns my stomach that Potter went, he'll be rich forever but forever stained
They were revolting long before that too. I was involved with them quite a bit in the mid 90s through work, and as a result also went to a few games and pre-match drinks etc with some of the club hierarchy at the time. Met some fairly unpleasant people - very arrogant with a seemingly high % of racists in the stands.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The club sold its soul in 2003, they represent everything that is bad about the state of English football. Still turns my stomach that Potter went, he'll be rich forever but forever stained
Another Chelsea stain is the recruitment of a player who is on social media in a video where he uses the N word (according to reports).

It is reported that he is likely to be "warned" rather than being given a ban. Yems has just been banned from all football for 18 months for his "unconcious racism". Why shouldn't a player receive a similar length ban?

The use of the N word is hugely offensive and totally unacceptable in all walks of life (unless you are a £100m+ valued professional footballer at a "big club" it seems).

Horrible club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They were revolting long before that too. I was involved with them quite a bit in the mid 90s through work, and as a result also went to a few games and pre-match drinks etc with some of the club hierarchy at the time. Met some fairly unpleasant people - very arrogant with a seemingly high % of racists in the stands.
Yep, and of course Ken Bates was just a kindly old gentleman with a white beard like Father Christmas as well! :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Another Chelsea stain is the recruitment of a player who is on social media in a video where he uses the N word (according to reports).

It is reported that he is likely to be "warned" rather than being given a ban. Yems has just been banned from all football for 18 months for his "unconcious racism". Why shouldn't a player receive a similar length ban?

The use of the N word is hugely offensive and totally unacceptable in all walks of life (unless you are a £100m+ valued professional footballer at a "big club" it seems).

Horrible club.

Have you seen the video?

I dislike Chelsea muchly, but he was singing a song, wise? No, racist? also no

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2003 gave the synergy of racist/thuggish supporters + corrupt Russian money.

Changing the face of the EPL forever.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It’s a total clusterfuck for ‘our’ Graham, almost surreal, he must be wondering what direction’s up and what’s down at the moment. He’s probably had to stitch ‘L’ and ‘R’ into his socks so he knows which foot to put them on in the morning.
1675255429892.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chelsea's biggest failure of the window is not the players they have brought in, it's their failure to 'clear the decks' of an inflated squad (difficult because of huge wages, no doubt), some of whom might think they're above a manager like Potter from a small club telling them what to do (and some who are just pi$$ed off because they're not playing. Boehly might be quite genuinely supportive of Potter and the 'long game' - but he sure ain't helping!

Would love to be a fly on the perimeter fence when Ziyech returns to training!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Horrible club.
Not a great comparison - totally different. Those were the song lyrics on a tik tok thingy - hardly crime of the century whatsoever. But yes, horrible club!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Potter's now got more shiny toys than he could ever have dreamed of in his wildest / dullest dreams. He has to own the outcome from here on in. Good luck with that then Benny :thumbsup:

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Only 3 of the new players can appear in the CL, so maybe they need all the old ones (although hopefully they get knocked out in the next round!)
So I imagine Fernandez, Mudryck, Joao Felix will be the 3. How will the other new signings feel about not being involved in the CL? Is there a similar situation with the EPL 25 man squad? I mean I don't give a shit, just thinking out loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here