Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Away Date

Jimmy Grimble

I wouldn't worry about that. They'll never do that for train service reasons.
Unfortunately this did not age well. At least it’s not going to be our game.

Looking at the fixtures for the 23rd, Liverpool v Arsenal will undoubtedly be a TV pick. Maybe the 17.30 kick off. Of the other fixtures, these stand out as tv picks:

West Ham v Man United
Spurs v Everton
Luton v Newcastle
Palace v Us

Maybe three from that four will end up on TV? One on the 22nd as a Friday night football, then two others either side of Liverpool v Arsenal.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Unfortunately this did not age well. At least it’s not going to be our game.

Looking at the fixtures for the 23rd, Liverpool v Arsenal will undoubtedly be a TV pick. Maybe the 17.30 kick off. Of the other fixtures, these stand out as tv picks:

West Ham v Man United
Spurs v Everton
Luton v Newcastle
Palace v Us

Maybe three from that four will end up on TV? One on the 22nd as a Friday night football, then two others either side of Liverpool v Arsenal.
I mean it did age well as I know that Brighton v Palace will 100% not be on Christmas Eve due to Train service reasons. If you were to ask me it won’t be on the Saturday either.

Jimmy Grimble

I mean it did age well as I know that Brighton v Palace will 100% not be on Christmas Eve due to Train service reasons. If you were to ask me it won’t be on the Saturday either.
Ah, fair enough. I took your post to mean any game wouldn’t be moved to Xmas Eve due to train service reasons. Will it be possible for London-based Chelsea fans to get to Wolves and back?

Out of interest, what makes you think our game might not be the Saturday?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ah, fair enough. I took your post to mean any game wouldn’t be moved to Xmas Eve due to train service reasons. Will it be possible for London-based Chelsea fans to get to Wolves and back?

Out of interest, what makes you think our game might not be the Saturday?
Just heard from a friend of a friend of mine who works for a broadcaster that it will be Thursday night, I realise it seems a bit “my dog’s uncle’s cousin” but his information has always been right before. I think it’s because of the lack of Sunday games they want to Chuck it on the Thursday to increase broadcast slots, but with Chelsea possibly being on Christmas Eve that may have changed. It works since we’re both not in the league cup.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Just heard from a friend of a friend of mine who works for a broadcaster that it will be Thursday night, I realise it seems a bit “my dog’s uncle’s cousin” but his information has always been right before. I think it’s because of the lack of Sunday games they want to Chuck it on the Thursday to increase broadcast slots, but with Chelsea possibly being on Christmas Eve that may have changed. It works since we’re both not in the league cup.
I’ve heard the palace game is going to be xmas eve

Jimmy Grimble

Would mean Thursday-Sunday-Thursday for us annoyingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here