Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
Fried halloumi with lime and caper vinagrette (Delia) - really squeaky on the teeth. Yum yum pigs bum
:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nice aside for anyone who makes macaroni cheese (or any cheese sauce for that matter): use a fairly mild cheddar cheese in the main, for every four ounces of this mild cheese, use one ounce of Stilton - it gives it a healthy cheesy kick.

Of course, cheese is often served best with a damn fine glass of port. Thoroughly recommended.

Incidentally, you can't get the cheeses mentioned above in the good old US of A - oh, what they are missing... :drool:

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
But on the subject of Italian cheese, I recommend Pecorino di Pienza to anyone who wants a mindblowing, sheepy cheesy experience.

Good shout Lord B, thats a cracking choice. Served on ever-so-slightly-stale bread with huge dollops of very salty butter. Bellissimo formaggio.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Old Goat said:
Fried halloumi with lime and caper vinagrette (Delia) - really squeaky on the teeth. Yum yum pigs bum
:clap2:

Like it fried, like it uncooked, but once had it deep fried in breadcrumbs in cyprus (with a side of lemon wedges)

Amazing stuff...

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
clapham_gull said:
My personal favourite at the moment is Manchego.
Good call.
Had a little Havarti with dill today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here