Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is by far my favourite. Pair this with a slightly chilled Mikkella 'George' Cognac Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. You do not need much more in life.

Oh boy. Inspired by this thread I did just this. What a way start the weekend!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 31

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Had a good dig around in tesco earlier but didn't find anything I liked the look of in the vintage cheddar category. I'm thinking of making a trip to Middle farm tomorrow to pick up some Black Bomber....got a real craving.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love strong cheddar. My wife found 'Fiery Fred's Crazy Cheddar' on sale at Glastonbury and it is the strongest, tastiest, loveliest cheddar I have eaten in my 55 years. It makes Black Bomber taste like Co op Mild. No chillies or anything, just NATURAL DECOMPOSITION.....
I've just ordered my 2nd batch through the post since Glastonbury. It comes inc postage, which may be because it walks here on its own :)
http://www.gouldscheddar.co.uk/products.php

Ordered some of this, now just waiting the postman to deliver it and am drooling at the thought.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Ordered some of this, now just waiting the postman to deliver it and am drooling at the thought.

I'm away next week so no point ordering but my mouth is also watering, hence worth a trip to pick a little up, and it will all be gone by Sunday I reckon.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
1. Cabrales - crazy good and will take the skin off the roof of your mouth. La Cave a fromage often stocks
2. Shropshire Blue - basically they use same method as Stilton, I just think it has deeper, creamier flavour
3. Sussex Tickler
4. Epoisse - soft cheese, stinks to high heaven but a fabulous treat. Wait til it's ripe and nearly liquid.
5. Top quality aged Parmesan, can't whack that with some good bread and ham, a tomato and garlic salad and ass of whatever's your pleasure (preferably red wine)

Honourable mention to Roquefort - particularly in a salad with bacon and croutons

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Just found out there is a farm shop in George Street, Hove that sells Black Bomber, according to the website. It's called Grasmere farm shop. Anyone been there? Never heard of it, must be new?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just found out there is a farm shop in George Street, Hove that sells Black Bomber, according to the website. It's called Grasmere farm shop. Anyone been there? Never heard of it, must be new?
I've been there many many times (posted about it on here too). Their sausages are lovely (come from the owners family farm in Lincolnshire), particularly the pork & Stilton. The shop used to be at the end of Church Road, they moved when a slot on George St. became available.

Although I adore cheese, I tend to get that from Tesco, but all our sausages and beef comes from Grasmere.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh my Lord.

Reading through this thread has brought me out in a mahoosive Cheese Sweat; & my salivating cake-'ole is threatening to explode & leave my keyboard heavily submerged! I think I'm gonna have to nip out sharpish & get some mega-ripe Camembert; a hefty wedge of Danish Blue; & an emergency French Stick. Marvelous. :bowdown:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No matter what I buy, I always end up going back for mature English chedder.
currently munching on a complete M&S Cheese, ploughmans pickle sarny.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
One round of black bomber sourced today from the aforementioned George Street produce shop. Yet to open it as I have a little mouth ulcer, that I fear the bomb will absolutely destroy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here