Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese Rolling.....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The catchers at the bottom must be bloody head mental to do that...reckon that the cheese could easily kill someone if it hit them...oh and don't want to sound picky but that ain't the Cotswolds, it is Coopers Hill in Gloucester.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The catchers at the bottom must be bloody head mental to do that...reckon that the cheese could easily kill someone if it hit them...oh and don't want to sound picky but that ain't the Cotswolds, it is Coopers Hill in Gloucester.

I know, I love the one of the women. They all travel pretty much the whole way down on their arses.

The one girl in the jeans right near the end thinks, f*ck I can win this and tries to run for it. Then ends up on her face :lol:

Cheeserolls!!!!!!

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you've never stood at the top of that hill and looked down, you have no f***in' idea how steep it is! It's a whole lot scarier and steeper than it looks on the footage you see on those TV/YouTube clips!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coopers Hill is in Brockworth, a few miles out of Gloucester, and the hill is part of the Cotswold range - Coopers hill is on the Cotswold way footpath trail.

Last edited:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I used to live about 15 minutes walk away when I was a kid growing up back in the 70’s. I can remember clambering up that hill on my hands and knees and when you get to the top and look back it is bloody steep. Not worth breaking bones for a bit of cheese in my opinion.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
When I stood in the North Stand back in the 90s, there was a young lad who always chanted 'cheese rolls! Cheese rolls!' when the Seagulls! chant went up. It always stuck with me.

This Uncle Albert moment was brought to you by sandtex paints 😁

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When I stood in the North Stand back in the 90s, there was a young lad who always chanted 'cheese rolls! Cheese rolls!' when the Seagulls! chant went up. It always stuck with me.

This Uncle Albert moment was brought to you by sandtex paints 😁
Lots of people did, and still do!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I used to live about 15 minutes walk away when I was a kid growing up back in the 70’s. I can remember clambering up that hill on my hands and knees and when you get to the top and look back it is bloody steep. Not worth breaking bones for a bit of cheese in my opinion.
I remember walking up in 1977 to see the Queen’s Silver Jubilee beacon although I only made it half-way being 7 months pregnant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here