Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cheese overdose?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
We ("we") agreed well in advance of December not to go overboard on the cheese this year.

Usually we ("we") end up with loads of cheese and no biscuits. Hence this year's "no cheese" agreement ("agreement").

Then my other half randomly "contributed to Christmas" by buying a ton of "biscuits for cheese".

WITH NO CHEESE!

My immediate thought was that this was a cry for help. Which I obviously interpreted as a cry for cheese.

So... we haven't broken into it yet as I only bought it on Christmas Eve (gonna be a boxing day thing I reckon) but this year's last-minute cheese tally was:
  • emmental (first on the list of course, always)
  • vintage cheddar
  • camembert
  • gouda
  • brie
  • stilton
  • shropshire blue
  • dolcelatte
  • Castello creamy shit thing whatever the f*** that is
  • something with a bubbly rind that looked interesting
  • something that had a weird red crust I thought would be worth a try, might be martian but what the hell
  • a couple of hard-cheese-plus-fruit randoms
  • big chunk of parmesan
and I'm still annoyed we didn't get any gruyère for Boxing Day omelette souflées.*

NB I still consider this an official "Low Cheese Year". Nothing poncy, we've literally only done the basics. It is not "going overboard". I want this on record. Nothing has cranberries in it... we didn't even buy any Wensleydale ffs...

However I do feel I've acknowledged my partner's unspoken needs. So job done for the next year innit.

And as Darth Vader famously said, "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of cheese".

*recipe available on demand
**anything within quotes or outside them is potentially bullshit

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
We ("we") agreed well in advance of December not to go overboard on the cheese this year.

Usually we ("we") end up with loads of cheese and no biscuits. Hence this year's "no cheese" agreement ("agreement").

Then my other half randomly "contributed to Christmas" by buying a ton of "biscuits for cheese".

WITH NO CHEESE!

My immediate thought was that this was a cry for help. Which I obviously interpreted as a cry for cheese.

So... we haven't broken into it yet as I only bought it on Christmas Eve (gonna be a boxing day thing I reckon) but this year's last-minute cheese tally was:
  • emmental (first on the list of course, always)
  • vintage cheddar
  • camembert
  • gouda
  • brie
  • stilton
  • shropshire blue
  • dolcelatte
  • Castello creamy shit thing whatever the f*** that is
  • something with a bubbly rind that looked interesting
  • something that had a weird red crust I thought would be worth a try, might be martian but what the hell
  • a couple of hard-cheese-plus-fruit randoms
  • big chunk of parmesan
and I'm still annoyed we didn't get any gruyère for Boxing Day omelette souflées.*

NB I still consider this an official "Low Cheese Year". Nothing poncy, we've literally only done the basics. It is not "going overboard". I want this on record. Nothing has cranberries in it... we didn't even buy any Wensleydale ffs...

However I do feel I've acknowledged my partner's unspoken needs. So job done for the next year innit.

And as Darth Vader famously said, "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of cheese".

*recipe available on demand
**anything within quotes or outside them is potentially bullshit
No Wensleydale, how are you going to do Welsh Rarebit later on this week?

Schoolboy error.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
No Wensleydale, how are you going to do Welsh Rarebit later on this week?

Schoolboy error.
Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Being actually mostly Welsh and having never, ever, ever, ever, thought that I should be putting a Yorkshire based cheese into a rarebit. How f***ing stupid I must be.

Thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

Ps fwiw wensleydale is shit in a rarebit. Just use strong cheddar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The turkey Christmas dinner is over-rated, while the Christmas cheeseboard is an underrated delight. I was caning that vintage Graham's 2001 vintage red port too, a wonderful combination.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Being actually mostly Welsh and having never, ever, ever, ever, thought that I should be putting a Yorkshire based cheese into a rarebit. How f***ing stupid I must be.

Thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

Ps fwiw wensleydale is shit in a rarebit. Just use strong cheddar.
Your opinion, I don't like strong cheeses in Rarebit. My choice is Cheshire/Lancashire if not Wensleydale.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Cheese Christ I’m full!
A wafer thin mint? Just a little wafer thin mint…
IMG_5788.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here