Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheer up you miserable sods, we are mathematically safe

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be honest, we were all but mathematically certain of staying up before this game, so i guess that's part of the low key celebrations after this game.
I am more optimistic for next season than at the end of last, but CH is the reason were in the top league in the first place.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My overwhelming reaction is one of relief. It would have been great to win tonight and have the possibility of overhauling CP and Newcastle on Sunday but overall we needed a result - and we got one - although the game itself was dire!

In the summer last year we were probably nervously excited about the new season - we’d taken a risk on an unproven top flight manager and he was following an Albion legend who was a decent, honest and popular professional. We had much stick from media and other fans and were very much those peoples favourites for relegation.

Not only have we proved them wrong but we have ANOTHER decent, honest manager who represents the club very well and is doing a very good job imo. The Albion did brilliantly over the lockdown period and have been recognised as one of the very best in terms of communication. All this is down to TB, PB, DA and the team at the Amex. GP was right to move Andone, Locadia et al on and continue to build that team spirit which did so much for us in recent years.
It is sad that we’ve said goodbye to heroes of the promotion campaign such as Knocky and no doubt others will follow but the club has to evolve and TB always tries to look ahead.

I’ve loved some of our football this season and am delighted we have another chance next year. Let’s hope 20/21 brings further progress and a return to watching games in person. Well played GP and all the squad.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that our far from exuberant response to staying up shows that we've made progress. We now expect a bit more, have a stronger squad than before, with increasing experience at this level.
We can't rest on our laurels though and we need a new striker to replace Murray ready for next season.
White, Lamptey, McAllister with a pre season behind them on top of a rapidly improving Webster and Bissouma, Maupay and Trossard.

I was very pleased the players didn't go all 'we done it, hooray!'.

But I did. I still remember Hereford like it was yesterday. (takes out small onion).

But as I intimated, our survival, confirmed, is worth a thread. Soon, and long, may it be forgotten :thumbsup:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Mildly deflated.

Its just not the same sitting at home watching it on TV, the best I could muster at the final whistle was a mild grumble before getting ready for work however if I'd been there I'd be going snooker loopy knowing that we'd just mathematically secured our Premier League status for another season despite almost being put into a coma by what I'd just watched.

Football without fans is nothing.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Recoded the game as I was attending a zoom meeting but had my iPad showing the stats which looked like we dominated the first half so seeing how bad the game was Newcastle must also be a boring team.
Maybe I won’t torture myself watching it but we got another year in the premiership part of TB plan to build a sustainable club.
Looking forward to the day when I can return to the Amex win or lose I am a Brighton fan
Thank Mr Potter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s quite clear that a philosophy change that Potter has bought to the club takes some time to embed itself, especially from a manager whom players would be forgiven for thinking ‘who the hell is this guy, what has he done’ when he arrived.

We go into next season with some prospects such as Trossard, Bissouma and Lamptey who could really shine. We can have some confidence that we want to play the right way, that we want to attack, even if that doesn’t always happen.

Potter has achieved several goals; survival, bringing youngsters through, playing with more belief in ourselves against top teams (generally). Looking forward to next season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We are improving no doubt. 2 more goals scored this season than last, and 7 less conceded. Slow but steady progress. Would be nice to win on Sunday just to equal last seasons 9 wins.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Safe, a "summer" of watching cricket, getting worked up by rumours of new players, debates about new kits .. love it.. and "hapless Palace " (Ref : BBC Sport) ending on a whimper with those European dreams in tatters!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s quite clear that a philosophy change that Potter has bought to the club takes some time to embed itself, especially from a manager whom players would be forgiven for thinking ‘who the hell is this guy, what has he done’ when he arrived.

We go into next season with some prospects such as Trossard, Bissouma and Lamptey who could really shine. We can have some confidence that we want to play the right way, that we want to attack, even if that doesn’t always happen.

Potter has achieved several goals; survival, bringing youngsters through, playing with more belief in ourselves against top teams (generally). Looking forward to next season.

Yeah and you can feck off with your airy fairy tree hugging.

I want your to read your 'get rid' list now and if it isn't in double figures...

...TRY HARDER.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Yes, we may not be great but at least we look like we belong in this division most games this season.

Exciting times

Totally agree - we’ve only looked totally out of our depth against the two Manchester clubs, every other game we’ve looked like we’ve belonged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Ends justified the means, great result looking for ward to a very interesting year next year UTA

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All good and a bonus from last night, a recording on my Sky Box of a cure for insomnia

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The players have been playing two games a week for 5 weeks now. They’re knackered. They’ve done a great job since lockdown.

I think we can forgive them for seeing out the last couple of games with solid if not spectacular football. I’d prefer this than having two must win games.

Knackered [emoji23]lets hope they never have to work 7 days a week like a lot of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Decent season of transition...

But, the complacency or diinterset (which?) on here reminds me of our third season in the old first division.

Except the signs are so much better.

If Big Sam is brought in, January., I'll apologise but, for now, FFS, we are in the top flight again next season. That's good, right?

:shrug:
Don't you tell me to cheer up, you grinning git (I'm kidding). Miserable is my modus operandi.

You are correct though. I would have taken this at the start. The football has in general been more entertaining and the end position (points ? position? ) is no worse. We have several that are improving Maupay, Burn, Webster, arguably Dunk. Really optimistic about Lamptey, McAllister. Have enjoyed Mooy also. There are big questions over some - but I am more optimistic than a year ago.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't you tell me to cheer up, you grinning git (I'm kidding). Miserable is my modus operandi.

You are correct though. I would have taken this at the start. The football has in general been more entertaining and the end position (points ? position? ) is no worse. We have several that are improving Maupay, Burn, Webster, arguably Dunk. Really optimistic about Lamptey, McAllister. Have enjoyed Mooy also. There are big questions over some - but I am more optimistic than a year ago.

:lolol: I'd post some celebratory music but I'm in yet another bloody teams meeting....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here