Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Cheer up Jakey Humphrey..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Humphrey and his fellow Canary fans were entitled to be optimistic given how the Canaries gained promotion. However, he was very naïve in putting that tweet out.

Yes, the Canaries played some very nice stuff in the Championship - albeit with a tendency to snatch very late results, rather than command whole games. They also had a very leaky defence and didn't really address that in the close season. Seemed content to let their talented young defenders learn on the job in the PL, which is a high risk approach. Plus no real attacking plan 'B' if Pukki's goals dried up.

Farke was dealt a tough hand with a very tight transfer budget. Having been a yo-yo club over the last few years it is surprising that NCFC were not prepared to make moderate investments that might have consolidated their PL status. So it's back to the yo-yo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Humphrey and his fellow Canary fans were entitled to be optimistic given how the Canaries gained promotion. However, he was very naïve in putting that tweet out.

Yes, the Canaries played some very nice stuff in the Championship - albeit with a tendency to snatch very late results, rather than command whole games. They also had a very leaky defence and didn't really address that in the close season. Seemed content to let their talented young defenders learn on the job in the PL, which is a high risk approach. Plus no real attacking plan 'B' if Pukki's goals dried up.

Farke was dealt a tough hand with a very tight transfer budget. Having been a yo-yo club over the last few years it is surprising that NCFC were not prepared to make moderate investments that might have consolidated their PL status. So it's back to the yo-yo.

Only spent a total of 700k according to the commentators today, they have not disgraced themselves

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘Exciting and expansive’

DD12CE51-DE83-4716-A148-1F7AFDFD04C2.jpeg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I know I’m not impartial. But thank you for the fantastic, expansive football [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He was probably just embarrassed at having predicted a 4-1 victory for Liverpool .......and of course still sulking that his wonderful Norwich were relegated when we stayed up

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was probably just embarrassed at having predicted a 4-1 victory for Liverpool .......and of course still sulking that his wonderful Norwich were relegated when we stayed up

Soon as I saw that pre match it made me determined to prove him wrong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here