Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Cheeky feckers at sky

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Cancelled my sports pack yesterday, must say they were helpful and no hard sell, but pisses me off they state any sky sports in my planner will disappear, I have fooking paid for that

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just spent 59 minutes on the phone with them. I have the full TV package with HD, multi room, box sets and all the channels, but not on Sky Q, still the old boxes.
Paying £100 month but went up recently from £66 (this was an 18 month deal I negotiated). Tried to get it down but lowest they offered was £89 so cancelled. Well I would if, after 59 minutes my phone died. On their online messaging service which is also slow.
HOT NEWS
The second assistant did mention they are having meetings about refunds for sports viewers. Watch your emails over the next few days.

Out of interest and as a target price, how much do fellow NSC's pay?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My Sky is currently blocked by neighbours' scaffolding (actually two doors along), so I'm paying for no TV services.

Hasn't bothered me until now - but it might if I get ill. Have just email the scaffolding company.

(Well, I say it hasn't bothered me - it's ridiculous that you can't access pre-recorded and purchased content if you have no signal.)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was thinking about pubs today with Sky and BT, still having to pay their commercial rate subscriptions but without the punters in there to watch the games today. If pubs can't get out of paying that, I can see those that stuck with it being the first to go out of business because of this.

A mate owns a pub in north Sussex, he pays £23,800 a year to BT Sports and Sky Sports.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just spent 59 minutes on the phone with them. I have the full TV package with HD, multi room, box sets and all the channels, but not on Sky Q, still the old boxes.
Paying £100 month but went up recently from £66 (this was an 18 month deal I negotiated). Tried to get it down but lowest they offered was £89 so cancelled. Well I would if, after 59 minutes my phone died. On their online messaging service which is also slow.
HOT NEWS
The second assistant did mention they are having meetings about refunds for sports viewers. Watch your emails over the next few days.

£86 a month to Virgin which includes the full array of BT and Sky Sports channels, plus a 1TB TiVo box. We get great use out of it all. [No landline or broadband ... I use other entities].

I never negotiate, I simply can’t get be arsed making a ‘threatening to leave them’ phone call every year or so.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I received the same email about price increases today.
I have sky talk, broadband, sky Q, multi-room, sky sports, entertainment package etc.
A few years ago my bill had gone up to £140. At the time I managed to negotiate it down to £95. The last couple of years has seen it creep back up to £105 last April, to £111 mid year (as discounts expired) and would have been £117 from this April with the new increases.
I rang sky this afternoon and the sales team said that they couldn’t do anything about it as they said I had the cheapest deals available. I asked to be put through to the cancellation department. Once finally connected a very nice lady said that as a long standing customer (13 years) they would try and sort something out. I signed a new 18 month deal for £93.50 a month with all the same services.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
HOT NEWS

I signed up to Sky last year when we moved to Peacehaven ( Virgin Media wasn't available). A Sky stall in Churchill Square. 18 month contract, landline with evening and weekend calls, unlimited broadband, Sky Q box with everything except movies plus Netflix for £80 a month. As Sky customers I got a SIM card for me and my wife ( O2 network) unlimited calls, texts and 2Gb data each for a total of £9 a month.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The barstards have just jacked up my £90 per month deal to £111 with no communication. The wife had a go at them and we're now paying £78 per month - content unchanged.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The barstards have just jacked up my £90 per month deal to £111 with no communication. The wife had a go at them and we're now paying £78 per month - content unchanged.

It wouldn't surprise me that these price rises you guys have mentioned were intentional, so that customers ring up to complain or threat to leave and hey presto a better deal but Sky get you for another 18 months and don't lose your custom.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
HOT NEWS

I pay £36 a month for Entertainment and full sky sports with HD...actually they've just lobbed it up £3 which is a piss take as I only renewed a few months back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feck me, is:-

'How much I pay for Sky' the new 'I'm holidaying in St Topez, this season'?

I had no idea people were paying so much.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Feck me, is:-

'How much I pay for Sky' the new 'I'm holidaying in St Topez, this season'?

I had no idea people were paying so much.

Do piss off you tedious ****.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do piss off you tedious ****.
Charming.

Sure it's all relative but either side of £100 a month is still a serious chunk of change.
I genuinely thought Sky, with everything, except sport, was less than half that.

I guess the 'all for only £20' or whatever adverts could have worked on me, I'm genuinely staggered (and too sarcastic) about the sums you guys are talking about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Charming.

Sure it's all relative but either side of £100 a month is still a serious chunk of change.
I genuinely thought Sky, with everything, except sport, was less than half that.

I guess the 'all for only £20' or whatever adverts could have worked on me, I'm genuinely staggered (and too sarcastic) about the sums you guys are talking about.

£146 - all channels, broadband ‘pro’ (extra speed needed for work VPN) and telephone package plus 3 HD boxes

Up for renewal again soon, Virgin have gone live locally so will be looking at either switching or getting Sky to compete

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£146 - all channels, broadband ‘pro’ (extra speed needed for work VPN) and telephone package plus 3 HD boxes

Up for renewal again soon, Virgin have gone live locally so will be looking at either switching or getting Sky to compete

My flabber is genuinely agast.

I don't see how they can possibly make any money, esp as all of the content is available through illegal streams with legal VPN work-arounds.

They must be pooping their pants at the thought of subscribers having a reason to look elsewhere.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I received the same email about price increases today.
I have sky talk, broadband, sky Q, multi-room, sky sports, entertainment package etc.
A few years ago my bill had gone up to £140. At the time I managed to negotiate it down to £95. The last couple of years has seen it creep back up to £105 last April, to £111 mid year (as discounts expired) and would have been £117 from this April with the new increases.
FtI rang sky this afternoon and the sales team said that they couldn’t do anything about it as they said I had the cheapest deals available. I asked to be put through to the cancellation department. Once finally connected a very nice lady said that as a long standing customer (13 years) they would try and sort something out. I signed a new 18 month deal for £93.50 a month with all the same services.
Sounds like the same process and deal as me. Absolutely everything except Sky Kids, including Netflix Sports and Movies, for £93.50 pm.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
HOT NEWS

Sky Q, Netflix, full Sky package (bar Kids) their fastest broadband and BT Sports through Sky, all multi room at £92 before their present annual increase of £4/6.
I would think now is the time to strike a good deal as they are bound to discount further with Sports.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here