Ched Evans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Suggest people who think he should not be allowed to work again in a high profile role look to change the rule of law by getting an MP to propose a change to the law. Simple. Otherwise it is what it is, or at least should be. Mob seem to be ruling

It's not mob rule, Oldham didn't sign him for financial reasons because their sponsors threatened to pull out. This mob rule has only been suggested by his misguided advisors to make Ched look like the victim, when in reality he behaved like a pack animal.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's not mob rule, Oldham didn't sign him for financial reasons because their sponsors threatened to pull out. This mob rule has only been suggested by his misguided advisors to make Ched look like the victim, when in reality he behaved like a pack animal.

He was guilty, got convicted and served his time. As much as i dislike what he represents he should now be able to work. I am not close enough to Oldham but it seemed from the press reports they were going to sign him. Without a mob reaction he would be playing for a team, that i am sure.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was guilty, got convicted and served his time. As much as i dislike what he represents he should now be able to work. I am not close enough to Oldham but it seemed from the press reports they were going to sign him. Without a mob reaction he would be playing for a team, that i am sure.

No one is stopping him from working. He just can't walk into a job where he has an influential role. If he were a teacher or doctor etc he would be having the same problems. The nearest thing to mob rule is purely on forums but when organisations and people like Jessica Ennis want to withdraw their support that is something completely different.

His Multimillionaire father in-law has offered him a good job so maybe he should be getting into the jewelry and romance of the wedding industry.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There's only one way to settle all this. He should be tried by a judge and jury. And then, to make certain, we should have a couple of other high court judges examine whatever verdict they reach to make sure it is safe.

Give me strength!

Did the judges examine the verdict or did they examine the process and whether the direction given by the judge was in order?

The Guildford Four were convicted by a jury. They sought leave to appeal as well and that was rejected. In 1987 the Home office even issued a memorandum saying it was unlikely they were terrorists but that, apparently, was not enough to warrant granting an appeal!!

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Are you seriously suggesting that the sponsors weren't swayed by the online petitions? I very much doubt the sponsors threatened to pull out on moral grounds, it would be because of the perceived economic effects of being associated with the situation.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Did the judges examine the verdict or did they examine the process and whether the direction given by the judge was in order?

The Guildford Four were convicted by a jury. They sought leave to appeal as well and that was rejected. In 1987 the Home office even issued a memorandum saying it was unlikely they were terrorists but that, apparently, was not enough to warrant granting an appeal!!

You and Taylor like the comparisons don't you. Still acting the Ched Evans apologist eh drew?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No one is stopping him from working. He just can't walk into a job where he has an influential role. If he were a teacher or doctor etc he would be having the same problems. The nearest thing to mob rule is purely on forums but when organisations and people like Jessica Ennis want to withdraw their support that is something completely different.

His Multimillionaire father in-law has offered him a good job so maybe he should be getting into the jewelry and romance of the wedding industry.

The reference to mob rule are the petitions started by, it would appear in some cases, people that don't know anything about the case but have their own agenda, such as the Hatchet woman. Jessica Ennis and anyone else are perfectly entitled to withdraw their support and I can see why she would. As I said before, Evans should not have tried to get a club until after the CCRC finish their review.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You still coming up with stupid comments, nothing changes.

Are you suggesting the police have fabricated statements in the Evans case then?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Are you seriously suggesting that the sponsors weren't swayed by the online petitions? I very much doubt the sponsors threatened to pull out on moral grounds, it would be because of the perceived economic effects of being associated with the situation.

Are you seriously suggesting that Jessica Ennis's threat to withdraw her support was due to her being swayed by mob rule? Organisations do include women and it is their view that really counts in matters like this, more than mine and believe it or not, more than yours.

You cannot even accept his conviction, so of course you would be biased about him returning to football.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are you seriously suggesting that Jessica Ennis's threat to withdraw her support was due to her being swayed by mob rule? Organisations do include women and it is their view that really counts in matters like this, more than mine and believe it or not, more than yours.

You cannot even accept his conviction, so of course you would be biased about him returning to football.

I didn't say and don't think I implied that Jessica Ennis was swayed by the mob. The sponsors are a different matter.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Nice of you to suggest other roles for people. As before, he would be playing for a club if there wasn't a mob trying to stop him. But i understand some people don't like certain laws and think they can impose their on preference for what the law should be on everyone else. It is working in this case. I hope it doesn't work in Paris.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I didn't say and don't think I implied that Jessica Ennis was swayed by the mob. The sponsors are a different matter.

The mob rule argument was started by the Evans PR team last week. You have been arguing the toss for months, and now you want to get your teeth into a mob rule argument in an attempt to vindicate your opinion.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nice of you to suggest other roles for people. As before, he would be playing for a club if there wasn't a mob trying to stop him. But i understand some people don't like certain laws and think they can impose their on preference for what the law should be on everyone else. It is working in this case. I hope it doesn't work in Paris.

:lolol: the second part of your comment invalidates the first and is a daft thing to say in a discussion/debate/argument about Evans. Don't waste my time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports