Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
ched evens to Oldham OFF

After 69 thousand fans protest and sponsorship deals collapsing, Oldham decide to cancel the signing of ched evens :rolleyes:

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
It's not as clear cut as that. Someone might be able to give consent, and still not remember, but the memory loss is still a message to the jury that she was very drunk, just as was her urinating in the street, and being unsteady on her feet etc.

Wasn't she estimated to be only two and a half times over the drink drive limit? That doesn't seem very drunk to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds like he's about to apologise via the PFA imminently. Just doesn't mean much now, only that he sees that as only way back in...

PFA statement incl first apology of any sort to victim

http://www.thepfa.com/news/2015/1/8/pfa-statement-ched-evans

So Ched would 'like to apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl has had on many people, not least the woman concerned'.

It's a start, and very welcome, but he seems to have missed out the words 'my actions on', before the 'that night' part. It's an apology, but it still fails to accept RESPONSIBILTY.

(The stuff about the social media is very welcome)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to Evans (and as accurately speculated on by many on here) I think that is about as far as the lawyers will let him go without destroying his own attempts to get the verdict overturned.

Though why he couldn't have said this when he got out is another matter.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Just released this statement via the PFA, guess it was before the Oldham seal fell through.

B61MBtDCEAEUJUW.jpg:large

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Footballer Ched Evans has apologised "for the effects" of events in 2011 that led to his rape conviction - but continues to maintain his innocence.
He issued a statement hours after it emerged League One side Oldham Athletic would not be signing the player.
Evans, 26, was jailed in April 2012 for raping a woman at a north Wales hotel.
He said: "I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl has had on many people, not least the woman concerned."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm just reporting the alleged news from Oldham Athletic on the issue which appears to be " don't employ the rapist Ched Evens or we will rape your daughter " It's probably not going to happen but why would a director say that unless it is true ?

That's all good, but my post was specifically referencing your words 'So the objectors are against rape but only in certain cases.', which, as I say, really cannot be claimed in all seriousness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't she estimated to be only two and a half times over the drink drive limit? That doesn't seem very drunk to me.
She said she had 2 large glasses of wine = two thirds of a bottle, then home, shower etc, back to town and 4 double vodka/ lemonade drinks and a shot of Sambuca. Her friend made a comment about how drunk she was / wasn't (can't remember the exact quote).

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
To be fair to Evans (and as accurately speculated on by many on here) I think that is about as far as the lawyers will let him go without destroying his own attempts to get the verdict overturned.

Or even when it became obvious what people were doing to the victim in his name.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Footballer Ched Evans has apologised "for the effects" of events in 2011 that led to his rape conviction - but continues to maintain his innocence.
He issued a statement hours after it emerged League One side Oldham Athletic would not be signing the player.
Evans, 26, was jailed in April 2012 for raping a woman at a north Wales hotel.
He said: "I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl has had on many people, not least the woman concerned."

Bit late and a bit meaningless while his website remains active.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
She said she had 2 large glasses of wine = two thirds of a bottle, then home, shower etc, back to town and 4 double vodka/ lemonade drinks and a shot of Sambuca. Her friend made a comment about how drunk she was / wasn't (can't remember the exact quote).

I read the same thing, but in the article linked it says she was estimated to be two and a half times the limit, i'm not a drinker but that sounds more tipsy than drunk, I could be completely wrong though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30697264

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either because he's not very smart, or because he's been poorly advised. Personally I don't take a lot from these statements, as I'm so used to seeing scummy rich criminals making insincere statements that their lawyers have written because it looks good, rather than because it's anything from the heart.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read the same thing, but in the article linked it says she was estimated to be two and a half times the limit, i'm not a drinker but that sounds more tipsy than drunk, I could be completely wrong though.
It was from what she said she had, that an expert speculated she'd be about 2.5 times the limit. How can you think it's tipsy if you don't drink? For me, the limit is about 2 pints or less (I wouldn't drive on more than 1), so 2.5 times that is 4.5 pints. I'd be pretty drunk on that, as I'm a lightweight. Still not bad enough that I'd even kiss someone I didn't want to though.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
IMO I think that this is getting too far now, I saw today that Marlon King has 12 criminal convictions including the ones where he hit women, add this with the fact that Lee Hughes and that Plymouth goalie are murderers but were there thousands of people signing petitions, sponsors threatening to pull out, threats against the board members and families? no there wasn't. The fact is that the media have really turned against evans (rightly or wrongly) and people are now seeing it as offensive if a club signed him, and all these people who are so upset about the evans case but didn't say anything about hughes and the others are wrong. Is rape any worse than two young boys who will never grow up and their families have a huge hole in their lives, no because you can't compare the two crimes but that doesn't mean that people can pick and choose who should be allowed to continue with their lives after they have served their time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or even when it became obvious what people were doing to the victim in his name.
People have made some seriously nasty threats to the members of Oldham's board. Can you tell me whose name they have been made in?

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
It was from what she said she had, that an expert speculated she'd be about 2.5 times the limit. How can you think it's tipsy if you don't drink? For me, the limit is about 2 pints or less (I wouldn't drive on more than 1), so 2.5 times that is 4.5 pints. I'd be pretty drunk on that, as I'm a lightweight. Still not bad enough that I'd even kiss someone I didn't want to though.

Well I assumed that the driving limit on alcohol would rightfully be fairly low, so two and a half times that would not be a significant amount. Given that you have said that it equates to four and a half pints I rather feel I was right.

Certainly doesn't seem enough to cause memory loss?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here