Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If I had never been drunk, it would be difficult for me to imagine the loss of control she might have had. But that's just the start of it - the fact is, when drunk our experiences are all different. If I drink way too much, I'll eventually vomit and lose the ability to walk, but I never ever forget what happened.

Just to provide some balance here, I very rarely vomit but can lose memory after as little as 4 or 5 pints. Beyond about 8 I always have memory problems, with some complete blackouts. So it is easy for me to imagine it.

Perhaps I should stop drinking!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously, Oldham - what utter tw&ts. Could they have made a worse job of this?

They get involved trying to sign a convicted rapist, then pretend to be all shocked when the whirlwind of criticism strikes, then push ahead and try and do it anyway annoying everyone except Gordon Taylor, then lose their nerve and pull out not for any moral or principled reasons that they realised it was the wrong move, but because they have been threatened. That is appalling (if it's true, it does make a handy excuse to back out) but it doesn't spare Oldham.

They have ended up tarring their own name possibly forever AND despite that not getting the player anyway through not holding their nerve. Brilliant job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it takes another club to test the waters?

And which shit northern club it is. The boards of these clubs appear to exist in some kind of grim 70's-based moral vacuum where rape is treated more lightly than is acceptable in the 2nd decade of the 21st century. Takes the rest of the country - and their own sponsors - to tell them the good news that their intended financially-motivated actions are unacceptable to decent people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's interesting. I wonder what NSC thinks about that.

'NSC' doesn't 'think' anything. Anymore than 'twitter thinks' or a 'train carraige of people' thinks.

I'd assume that most, if not a 100% of posters would find such behaviour abhorrent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to provide some balance here, I very rarely vomit but can lose memory after as little as 4 or 5 pints. Beyond about 8 I always have memory problems, with some complete blackouts. So it is easy for me to imagine it.
That's exactly my point, we're all different, and the jury were put in a position where they had to decide what her cognitive ability would have been. How the **** are they supposed to do that?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sources from Oldham Athletic saying the the move has been blocked due to concerns voiced by sponsors and due to senior staff receiving threats including a threat to rape a named directors daughter. Well, that last bit is really classy isn't it ? So the objectors are against rape but only in certain cases.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sources from Oldham Athletic saying the the move has been blocked due to concerns voiced by sponsors and due to senior staff receiving threats including a threat to rape a named directors daughter. Well, that last bit is really classy isn't it ? So the objectors are against rape but only in certain cases.
:eek:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That's not likely to be remotely true if you think about it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently Evans has turned up for training today despite Oldham's decision. Not the first time he's thought No means Yes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's exactly my point, we're all different, and the jury were put in a position where they had to decide what her cognitive ability would have been. How the **** are they supposed to do that?

Her memory of events has no bearing on the case had no bearing on consent as far as I'm aware. In that, her not remembering events, didn't neccessarily bar her from having given consent.

But you're right - as someone who suffers from this memory failure, I can well imagine giving consent, meaning to give consent and then subsequently forgetting it. Someone in your position would find that very hard to believe, I reckon you'd be inclined to think if I couldn't remember I'd be in no position to give consent. I would imagine though that this and the legal implications were covered thoroughly at trial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here