Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just read all 11 pages of that Oldham thread. I really pity them, for the horrible situation their disgrace of a board has put them in. :nono:

Exactly this for me too. I also have been supporting Oldham for over 30 years, was a mascot myself in 1984. I now have 3 children, aged 10, 8 and 5 (inc one daughter). We are all season ticket holders. My 2 boys have both been mascots. There is no way I am going to put my children in a position where the abuse they will see and hear will be frightening. Anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded. Do I really want to explain to my daughter what the angry men are chanting or what a 'rapist' is?

As much as it hurts me to say it (and it really does), we're out.

I have also emailed Simon Corney, and all of the directors, expressing my dissatisfaction and have not had the courtesy of a response, not that I genuinely expect one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ched Evans - The Case For Defence

- She was wearing a short skirt.
- He was only doing what any lad wants to do on a Saturday night.
- Luke McCormack, Lee Hughes, Marlon King, wawawawawawa it's unfair.
- He can't make any sort of expression of regret about the girl being outed on twitter 5 times or Jessica Ennis-Hill recieving rape threats from people purporting to be his fans because it might affect an appeal that he might get, if he's extemely lucky.
- If he was a builder he wouldn't have any problem getting employed.
- Anyone who didn't go and watch football in the 80's when it was a man's game isn't entitled to an opinion. (mob rule)

Did I miss any?

You missed:

(According to Evans & MacDonald)
She requested and received oral sex from him.
She gave verbal consent to have sex with him.

(Actual facts)
She didn't go to the police to complain of rape.
There was no physical evidence of rape whatsoever.

I think that's about it. Just trying to provide a little bit of balance.

NB: The above does not mean in any way that I am a "rape apologist", or trying to undermine how serious and damaging a crime rape is.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You missed:

(Actual facts)

NB: The above does not mean in any way that I am a "rape apologist", or trying to undermine how serious and damaging a crime rape is.

You may not mean it but frankly you're doing it - nice one.
I don't believe you'd be posting what you have in the last couple of days if you'd been on the thread since the beginning, I believe you're better than this lazy thoughtless crap

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You missed:

(Actual facts)

I'm not sure her request or her consent were in both their statements. In fact, their statements contradicted each other on certain key matters. So your first suggestion above I don't believe is true.

I find your statement on 'actual facts' a bit disturbing. There is no physical indication of a 'violent rape' would surely be a more appropriate statement? If you're looking for a bit of balance, rape is not defined by physical damage to a victim, the 'actual' evidence of rape is that sex occurred without consent, not whether the rape resulted in physical damage.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Suppose his appeal is upheld?

I believe he's been turned down for an appeal (twice?)

guilty, appeal, still guilty, appeal, denied, protest... I think this is the sequence so far.

The conviction was upheld rather than the original appeal refused I believe. A significant difference legally - not so much "I'm not looking" as "I looked and I agree" from an Appeal Judge.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
guilty, appeal, still guilty, appeal, denied, protest... I think this is the sequence so far.

The conviction was upheld rather than the original appeal refused I believe. A significant difference legally - not so much "I'm not looking" as "I looked and I agree" from an Appeal Judge.

Does this help clarify, Harry H? Ben's Grandad? Mellotron?..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He was refused leave to appeal so hasn't had an appeal.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20219573
His defence launched a bid to get an appeal last July which hasn't been granted or refused.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-28385532

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't get the media storm over Evans. Other players have done worse, take Luke McCormick's death by drunk driving, yet barely got a mention.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was refused leave to appeal so hasn't had an appeal.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20219573
His defence launched a bid to get an appeal last July which hasn't been granted or refused.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-28385532

Well, technically he appealed, that application to appeal was heard, and then denied - in law he did appeal his conviction, just that it got refused at the first hurdle. He hasn't actually launched another appeal, he's asked the CCRC to review his case to see if they conclude an appeal should be granted or not.

Aug 23, 2011
That's my whole point. The media and internet have exaggerated it a lot more than other convicted criminals. I'm not saying it's right, but there does seem to be a bandwagon everyone is jumping on.

I wouldn’t say exaggerated, just that the information is more accessible and interactive. Out of interest was there a Hughes thread on NSC at the time?

I believe there are links earlier in this thread posted by Acker that show that there were similar protests to Hughes, King etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Aug 23, 2011
No to reimburse the club,who are one of their members., for the loss of revenue if sponsors pulled out for whatever reason. They have a duty to protect their members and if they considered the club at fault invoke what ever rules apply.

but its nothing to do with the FA as they don't have to sign him, there are many other players. Perhaps the FA should reimburse us for Vicente because we lost out on potential revenue as he was injured a lot and didn't get us promoted....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Assuming the legal process has been satisfied,.... surely with him suitably rehabilitated,... he is entitled to seek and attain employment, just like every other ex-con......?

PS: I havnt read the 122 pages that preceded my post.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's interesting with this case is it appears that the legal definition rape is slowly being redefined before our eyes. Whilst this will be a GOOD thing in many cases, if taken too far it could pretty much mean that all drunken sex could be seen as rape, or at least worthy of an allegation. And that is VERY dangerous.

NB: None of the above means that I am a "rape apologist" nor that I am undermining the very serious crime of rape.

Camicus

Assuming the legal process has been satisfied,.... surely with him suitably rehabilitated,... he is entitled to seek and attain employment, just like every other ex-con......?

PS: I havnt read the 122 pages that preceded my post.

Legal process hasn't been satisified he is on the sex offenders register and still has the other half of his sentence to serve if hes a naughty boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here