Ched Evans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes they should - It may be difficult to do anything meaningful which is legal. I'm not sure they will be allowed to say he is not allowed to work having served his sentence for example.
If other professions can exclude ex-convicts, why can't football?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No to reimburse the club,who are one of their members., for the loss of revenue if sponsors pulled out for whatever reason. They have a duty to protect their members and if they considered the club at fault invoke what ever rules apply.

Cut it whatever way you like. You are saying that the FA should have been prepared to pay Ched Evans to play football.

What do you think would have happened if they did this?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They didnt
That's the past, we're talking about whether the FA could introduce a rule that excludes people who have committed certain crimes.

Not sure they can explicitly state that they do. Please correct me if i'm wrong since not a legal expert
I think a couple of people here know about it, so hopefully they'll say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure they can explicitly state that they do. Please correct me if i'm wrong since not a legal expert

I believe that the Police, Nursing, Anyone who works with Children and people in the finance sector can all be stopped from being re-employed if they have had certain convictions (regardless of whether they have served their time).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No to reimburse the club,who are one of their members., for the loss of revenue if sponsors pulled out for whatever reason. They have a duty to protect their members and if they considered the club at fault invoke what ever rules apply.

I think you did the best thing leaving this thread originally.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's my whole point. The media and internet have exaggerated it a lot more than other convicted criminals.

Nothing has EXAGGERATED anything. Ched Evans has been found guilty of RAPING a young girl. The various social media / press campaigns have HIGHLIGHTED what he did, yes, but not exaggerated it. He did what he did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm assuming that there is no Blackpool ST holders against him signing for someone? Seeing as their chairman was convicted and jailed for rape too.

err... Do you know much about the relationship between Blackpool's fans, and their owners?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Put simply, in any other profession be it a builder or accountant, the company that employs the ex-convict is probably not expecting their customers, who will range from Pensioners to Children, to turn up and clap and cheer their staff.

Just as well he's going to Oldham then............

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ched Evans - The Case For Defence

- She was wearing a short skirt.
- He was only doing what any lad wants to do on a Saturday night.
- Luke McCormack, Lee Hughes, Marlon King, wawawawawawa it's unfair.
- He can't make any sort of expression of regret about the girl being outed on twitter 5 times or Jessica Ennis-Hill recieving rape threats from people purporting to be his fans because it might affect an appeal that he might get, if he's extemely lucky.
- If he was a builder he wouldn't have any problem getting employed.
- Anyone who didn't go and watch football in the 80's when it was a man's game isn't entitled to an opinion. (mob rule)

Did I miss any?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
- He can't make any sort of expression of regret about Jessica Ennis-Hill recieving rape threats from people purporting to be his fans
There are some sick people in this world. Is he really supposed to be releasing statements to say he regrets the actions of these sick people?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I believe that the Police, Nursing, Anyone who works with Children and people in the finance sector can all be stopped from being re-employed if they have had certain convictions (regardless of whether they have served their time).

With most conviction/profession combinations that bar you from something, you are excluded from the Professional Body because they have a code of conduct that you have failed to live up to in the past. On top of that there are a number of professions that you legally cannot practice unless you are a member of the appropriate Professional Body - therefore being excluded from the professional body excludes you from the profession. This covers most instances that people bring up (Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Financial Services, Football Club Owners, etc). If the professional body changed its code of conduct, some people previously excluded would be allowed back in.

In addition there are a number of convictions that have specific legislation associated with them that excludes you from doing something in the future. An obvious example is the working with children - if you are convicted of certain crimes of a sexual nature then you are banned from working with children - in any capacity - professional or otherwise - nothing to do a professional body, its part of the legislation under which you were arrested/charged/tried/sentenced.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why wouldn't he?
Because these people are obviously sick individuals who should be found and prosecuted, and it shouldn't be anything to do with him.

Because these people are obviously sick individuals who should be found and prosecuted, and it shouldn't be anything to do with him.

I think you'll find, that if he hadn't raped the girl in the first place then Ennis would not have been threatened, so it has got everything to do with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports