Ched Evans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree that he is a convicted rapist, where have I said anything different?

The difference between you and me seems to be that you have absolute faith the jury got it right whereas I think there is an element of doubt.

You might think the Birmingham 6 or the Guildford 4 are stonewalled guilty because that is what a jury declared. You might know that Barry George murdered Gill Dando because a jury thought so.

I'm certainly not playing God. i don't know if he raped her or if it was consensual. God (if he exists) would know for sure.

The actual fact is that the jury came to the opinion that he is a rapist, they don't know for sure. If or when he is cleared by an appeal court he'll will remain, on record, a convicted rapist. As for being unrepentant, have you ever apologised for something you didn't do?

If he is cleared on appeal , the conviction will be quashed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think there is one OVERRIDING reason why Ched Evans should NOT be allowed to play for Sheffield United, and that is it will reduce their enthusiasm for signing Chris O'Grady on loan from the Albion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there is one OVERRIDING reason why Ched Evans should NOT be allowed to play for Sheffield United, and that is it will reduce their enthusiasm for signing Chris O'Grady on loan from the Albion.

LOAN ? Are you havin' a larf ? BOGOF deal in January surely (O'Grady + Agustein)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Reminds me of a song.....

No_One_Is_Innocent_Italian_Counterfeit.jpg
Not even Nibble, even with his perpetual holier than thou attitude.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And you think there are elements of doubt because he says he didn't do it? Because you think she was asking for it?

Go back and read the rest of my posts and you will realise what a cheap comment that is.

Perhaps after the case has been to review and the guilty verdict is upheld you'll be back on here to admit you got it wrong. Will that be enough?

Remarkable, you know the outcome of the review before it has even happened!

The jury came to an opinion based on the evidence they were presented with. It's not some subjective opinion based on whether they liked the cut of his gib.

Unlike Gill Dando and the Birmingham six there was no pressure on the Police or CPS to get a conviction. There were no political pressures involved here. Very different cases. You can see that.

Either way, I'm not about to start assuming that every conviction via the courts could be a miscarriage of justice just because the perpetrator claims they are innocent.

Come on now, be reasonable.

Lovely last comment which should work both ways. I have never said that because of my views on this case I doubt every conviction in any court. I picked three cases however, in another post the I pointed out that that, as a result of CCRC reviews and cases subsequently being referred back to the court of appeal 374 people had their convictions quashed. I don't know every case but I suspect there were many where the Police weren't under pressure to get a conviction.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
It seems that if we're talking about facts he is a convicted rapist that has served his sentence according to English law.

There is no rule that says when you serve your debt to society you must go back to a lower level than the one you had when you were convicted.

The law has been enforced and if that is not enough then the law needs to be changed.

I think there is room for most sentences to be evaluated and maybe they should look at impact to the victims after the release of guilty person.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Lovely last comment which should work both ways. I have never said that because of my views on this case I doubt every conviction in any court. I picked three cases however, in another post the I pointed out that that, as a result of CCRC reviews and cases subsequently being referred back to the court of appeal 374 people had their convictions quashed. I don't know every case but I suspect there were many where the Police weren't under pressure to get a conviction.

But you can't argue on both sides. All I have pointed out is that he is a convicted rapist, and unrepentant. You are taking issue with the conviction, but on what grounds? On the basis that 374 convictions have been quashed? That doesn't appear to be very certain ground upon which to stand.

Exactly what are your views on this case based on other than your opinion?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But you can't argue on both sides. All I have pointed out is that he is a convicted rapist, and unrepentant. You are taking issue with the conviction, but on what grounds? On the basis that 374 convictions have been quashed? That doesn't appear to be very certain ground upon which to stand.

Exactly what are your views on this case based on other than your opinion?

Have you looked at any of the evidence? Have you seen the video of the girl ,who was so paralytic she can't remember anything from the time she left the nightclub, walking into the foyer of the hotel? That's one example. Do a bit of research.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you looked at any of the evidence? Have you seen the video of the girl ,who was so paralytic she can't remember anything from the time she left the nightclub, walking into the foyer of the hotel? That's one example. Do a bit of research.

Are you his brother or his girlfriend or something? ???

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

If she was so paralytic, how could she give consent then?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I see. So a paralytic girl deserves to have sex against her will? What she really deserves is to be put in a cab home.

You do your research. Try checking out the Ched Evans is Innocent campaign being run by his team. If you are happy with what they are doing, then I would be surprised, as you have struck me as a sensible poster.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It seems that if we're talking about facts he is a convicted rapist that has served his sentence according to English law.

There is no rule that says when you serve your debt to society you must go back to a lower level than the one you had when you were convicted.

The law has been enforced and if that is not enough then the law needs to be changed.

I think there is room for most sentences to be evaluated and maybe they should look at impact to the victims after the release of guilty person.

I agree. Was the fact that McCormick and Hughes resumed their careers at a lower level down to their moral choice or the fact that they were the best offers on the table at the time?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I see. So a paralytic girl deserves to have sex against her will? What she really deserves is to be put in a cab home.

You do your research. Try checking out the Ched Evans is Innocent campaign being run by his team. If you are happy with what they are doing, then I would be surprised, as you have struck me as a sensible poster.

You really are stupid aren't you. You say she was paralytic, I would suggest the video, which I am now assuming you have never seen, suggests otherwise. Even her friends, as I understand it, said she wasn't paralytic although she was drunk. The amount she drunk suggested she was 2.5 times over the drink drive limit! Very merry but hardly incapable of making a decision. You say she had sex against her will, she never claimed that and obviously McDonald and Evans maintain that it was consensual.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You really are stupid aren't you. You say she was paralytic, I would suggest the video, which I am now assuming you have never seen, suggests otherwise. Even her friends, as I understand it, said she wasn't paralytic although she was drunk. The amount she drunk suggested she was 2.5 times over the drink drive limit! Very merry but hardly incapable of making a decision. You say she had sex against her will, she never claimed that and obviously McDonald and Evans maintain that it was consensual.

You're weird. And probably a few times over the limit yourself.

I'm not sure even you know what you are posting now.

Remind me who introduced paralytic into the conversation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If she was so paralytic, how could she give consent then?

I think drew is saying CCTV footage captured from several sources on the way between the nightclub and the hotel foyer conflicts with her claim of being completely bladdered.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're weird. And probably a few times over the limit yourself.

I'm not sure even you know what you are posting now.

Remind me who introduced paralytic into the conversation.

As I said subsequently, I should have put inverted commas around paralytic. From the video of her in the foyer, do you think she looks paralytic? Genuine question.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I said subsequently, I should have put inverted commas around paralytic. From the video of her in the foyer, do you think she looks paralytic? Genuine question.

Look, you don't believe the girl's testimony. The jury, who had access to all the evidence did. Accept that. One video is not all the evidence. Could you see her eyes? Hear any slurred speech? Are you able to fully assess her condition from the video, or how the alcohol affected her for the duration of the evening? Was that on the video?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Look, you don't believe the girl's testimony. The jury, who had access to all the evidence did. Accept that. One video is not all the evidence. Could you see her eyes? Hear any slurred speech? Are you able to fully assess her condition from the video, or how the alcohol affected her for the duration of the evening? Was that on the video?

You haven't bothered watching it have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports