Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The judge & the jury unanimously formed an opinion based on all the evidence. Which was looked at again when they twice refused an appeal. You really are desperately keen to discredit her, aren't you?

So are you of the opinion that in the video she is clearly drunk?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have no idea what this girl was thinking or feeling at that point Drew, do you?

It's like you feel sorry that convicted rapist Ched Evans is being taken to task over it.

An even simpler question then. Have you even watched the video or are you going to avoid answering the question.

(I didn't ask you to read her mind, just make an observation!)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I never said McDonald did rape her. I was countering the impression you created that she was a sweet little innocent girl. She went back to a hotel for sex with a total stranger. To be honest, you know nothing about the character of the girl in this instance as evidence about her character was not brought up in the trial. Not sure how you arrive at your suggestion about my logic. No where have I said anything of the sort or implied that. As for the filming, I agree that is despicable but as far as I'm aware there was no evidence presented that that was actually arranged or requested by Evans. As for your last paragraph, I agree that it isn't something that appeals to me but the world is full of people that have different 'tastes'.

No I didn't, but now you mention it how do you define a "sweet little innocent girl"? And what are you implying about her that made the event sound ok?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes I have, it was all over the News.

What question am I avoiding?

Whether you think, based on how she walks in the one shot per second video, whether she was so drunk she couldn't remember events the following morning. Because we all know how well you walk over a short distance covered by the security camera is a clear indication of her blood alcohol level and the longer term affects that has on her.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whether you think, based on how she walks in the one shot per second video, whether she was so drunk she couldn't remember events the following morning. Because we all know how well you walk over a short distance covered by the security camera is a clear indication of her blood alcohol level and the longer term affects that has on her.

Nice biased slant!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nice biased slant!

Hmm,

You: Look at that video, she doesn't look like she's so drunk she won't remember anything, does she?
Me: That video takes one shot per second, she is only briefly seen walking unaided, and the way someone walks (in a video that has so few frames per second she completely disappears for eight seconds) isn't a clear indication of her blood alcohol level, or what affect the alcohol will later have on her memory
You: You're so biased.

Ok, then.

An even simpler question then. Have you even watched the video or are you going to avoid answering the question.

(I didn't ask you to read her mind, just make an observation!)

Oh is it the qustion about convicted rapist Ched Evans being allowed to work in Footabll again?

Well if it is, here's my thoughts:

He is legally 'free to move on' if he can find an employer.

But no-one (employer, sponsor, fan, woman etc.) is legally or morally obliged to ignore the fact he is a convicted and unapologetic rapist. We don't have to pretend he's any worse than anyone else. It's not like he is a black or disabled guy looking for a job and being victimised against. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PREFER NON-RAPISTS TO RAPISTS. Quite vocally if you wish. It's not some sort of unlawful or immoral discrimination for me as an employer or fan to prefer to play Chris O'Grady rather than Ched Evans even if Evans is a better footballer.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Find a new trade? People are wonderfully adaptable. He could earn a living in a supermarket, or as a street cleaner. He could go back to uni and learn a new skill, maybe learn business and get a nice job at a big firm. He could try and get an apprenticeship with a local building/plumbing/electrician company - I imagine he will have a lot of sympathetic people around Sheffield who would be happy to give him a chance. He might be able to get a nice business loan from his father in law, or if he has plenty of money from his football career might be able to afford himself to invest in a new start up company, or buy houses to fix and sell or rent out.

It's not Professional footballer or benefits scrounger.

You'd be surprised. Just about every job, even ones in supermarkets, require a DBS check these days. A conviction for rape would disbar him from many, many jobs...even mundane and low skilled.

Evans is clearly guilty of SOMETHING and his antics before and during the assault point towards a highly immoral personality. If he wants to play professional sport and earn the big money he should avoid raping teenagers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You'd be surprised. Just about every job, even ones in supermarkets, require a DBS check these days. A conviction for rape would disbar him from many, many jobs...even mundane and low skilled.

Evans is clearly guilty of SOMETHING and his antics before and during the assault point towards a highly immoral personality. If he wants to play professional sport and earn the big money he should avoid raping teenagers.

Mr Evans can we just run through your CV again ? There is a bit of a gap for the last couple of years. What you been doing in that time ?

And just one more point from me tonight:

I have no doubt in my mind that should the convicted rapist Ched Evans followers find me on social media I will be subjected to the same level of abuse as anyone else who dares to speak ill of their friend.

His friends and Rapist Apologists will wish me dead, they will wish rape upon me all in the good name of convicted rapist rapist Ched Evans.

And yet convicted rapist Ched Evans will remain silent, chosing not to condem these attacks, wishing to remain silent, a dignified silence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here