Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheats Getting Better

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why don't divers get punished or cited in retrospect of their misdemeanours?

See Ridgewell vs Johnson in the WBA vs Sunderland game earlier today.

It looked like a stonewall penalty in real time, but video footage suggests otherwise.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Didn't see it on match of the day as I'm watching the rolling stones on the other side. However I believe you are correct in saying the divers are getting better. I have heard people comment that it doesn't happen as often as it it used to, they are being duped. Was it one of those new moves where the attacker unnaturally finds the leg of a defender before going down. Yes there is contact but it's the striker who goes looking for it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
And the commentator described it as 'clever play' and didn't even mentioned he dived! Is becoming part and parcel of football, which is a shame.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
They should be punished retrospectively, but I'm pretty sure the rules are in place that they can't atm (which needs to change if so).

If a player is booked for diving in a game but video proves not guilty, take the yellow off them. If they're proved guilty (or anyone else that dived but not caught) get a 3 match ban. Simple and will stop players diving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here