Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheapo Brighton Squad

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Biss £15mil thing I’ve noticed recently - I was sure it was about £10-£12m at the time...!?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The Biss £15mil thing I’ve noticed recently - I was sure it was about £10-£12m at the time...!?

It was always £15m. I would imagine that it was the £10-12m initially, with an extra £3m with add-ons etc. Worth every penny!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was always £15m. I would imagine that it was the £10-12m initially, with an extra £3m with add-ons etc. Worth every penny!

Yeh could be that or could be my memory! Either way, he’s worth treble that given his age and the silly prices these days...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Are people really trying to airbrush out of history the £30m we wasted on Locadia and Jahanbaksh? ???
Difficult to brush over that and then laugh at £20m for Brewster in the next breath.

Propper was £15m. Great signing IMHO, solid player for 3 seasons.
Trossard £18m. Decent
Webster £20m. Decent

I think our recruitment team does a great job and they've unearthed some absolute gems. We've spent a decent amount of money in doing so, seen a couple of threads trying to rewrite this fact and it bugs me.

Webster: decent. You do understatement well.
Trossard: decent. He's a mercurial player, but tonight he was outstanding.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Are people really trying to airbrush out of history the £30m we wasted on Locadia and Jahanbaksh? ???
Difficult to brush over that and then laugh at £20m for Brewster in the next breath.

Trossard £18m. Decent
Webster £20m. Decent

I think our recruitment team does a great job and they've unearthed some absolute gems. We've spent a decent amount of money in doing so, seen a couple of threads trying to rewrite this fact and it bugs me.

Maybe, but Sheffield keep playing Brewster because they need him to be good. Likewise Palace with Benteke. We don't need those two and have moved on.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I can. We’ve had 40 players come to the club in the Premier League years. Locadia and Jahanbaksh are the only major clangers. I make that 5%.

Some of those players aren’t free though. Lallana and Welbeck surely had hefty signing on fees and wages.

But I agree with your point generally. The recruitment have done fabulous business by and large, the only gap being, in my humble opinion, being the striker department. I think that is a valid critique.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Some of those players aren’t free though. Lallana and Welbeck surely had hefty signing on fees and wages.

That’s the same with every single transfer. The distinction is the fee paid to the parent club, which is always the way transfers are measured and in both cases, was zero.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Trossard £18m. Decent
Webster £20m. Decent

Propper was 10 not 15 million.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Veltman 900k , ridiculous, I would suggest he gets another agent when clubs come sniffing around in the Summer .

Excellent signing and there's no way Lamptey should just walk back in to the team when fit , what a blinding headache for Potter to have

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Burnley and Sheffield United must be much, much cheaper than ours.

Using Transfermarkt our first XI which beat Palace cost around 35 million. The caveat to that is how much Mee cost. Along with Trippier we got him from City as s youngster so unsure how mich he cost. It wouldn't have been much but I reckon much of it was in future bonuses etc.

The only swaps for a full strength starting XI would have been Taylor starting (free) and Wood (6 million).

As other posters have mentioned, not all signings work out (e.g. Gibson).

Thought you played really well, reckon you'll have Palace on toast next week. I certainly hope so!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here