Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheapest pint in Brighton & Hove

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was in the Marina Wetherspoons last night before and after going to the cinema. They always have a good selection of real ales and lagers. I got 2 pints of a Christmas ale called Wenceslegless (4.6%) :drink: that was priced at £2.66 a pint which in my opinion is good value but in conjunction with a Camra voucher offer for 50p off per pint got both pints for £4.32. I've been in several Wetherspoons up and down the country, I'll admit a lot of them are less than desirable but the one at the Marina is absolutely top notch and I would recommend anyone tempted to pass judgement on it to visit first.

I was in a Wehterspoons in Bournemouth yesterday after the match. It would not be my normal choice but I too enjoyed one of their Christmas Beers- Santas Ale. It was pretty good and under £3 not bad value. Also came with a burger at a special offer £6

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Was in the Marina Wetherspoons last night before and after going to the cinema. They always have a good selection of real ales and lagers. I got 2 pints of a Christmas ale called Wenceslegless (4.6%) :drink: that was priced at £2.66 a pint which in my opinion is good value but in conjunction with a Camra voucher offer for 50p off per pint got both pints for £4.32. I've been in several Wetherspoons up and down the country, I'll admit a lot of them are less than desirable but the one at the Marina is absolutely top notch and I would recommend anyone tempted to pass judgement on it to visit first.

It's name is The West Quay....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Craft Beer Co sell some very reasonably priced ales.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brighton Trades and Social club were selling pints of Fosters for 1.40 in 2007, but you really do pay for what you get.

Shit beer in a shit atmosphere surrounded by the terminally unemployable.

Trades and Labour club is quite the most depressing place I have ever had a drink in my life. Especially the bottom club.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No pubs are called weatherspoons, nor even wetherspoons, they all have nice names, usually a lot more historic than others around them, please use them

hahaha! 'spoons is a 'spoons mate. Call them whatever you like, West Quay, Brighthelm etc it's still a brightly lit youth club serving beer. The Marina one is alright though I'll give ye that. But the others, they are okay for cheap drinks, looking at slags in short skirts if that's your thing but let's not dress it up. As my dear nan used to say. you can't make a silk purse out of a cow's (unt.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Wetherspoons serves a purpose for those on a budget wanting to get totalled. Amusing places to go on the odd occasion, just for the stereotypical pissed up old guy who comes over to where you're sitting with his pint of Spitfire to tell you amongst other lies that he played for Aston Villa during the 70's. He's got a faded old team photo to prove it. Gotta love my old man :whisky:

The food is reasonable quality for the price aussi.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I like a Harveys, a Winter Warmer, a ram rod & Special if you can find it but by god, on a steaming hot day, dry mouth, ballbag clinging to your inner thigh, sun beating down on you, if someone handed me a half of Fosters, condensation dripping down the outside of the glass, the brutally cold liquid making it's way through the foam toward your cracked, dry mouth. Glug, glug, glug, empty glass down on the jump? I wouldn't refuse. Yep, that'll do this ****.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The FACTS, that's what.
Sorry for the late reply as I was away for a week, but how can you possibly use peoples opinion as fact?

You are clearly one of the pretentious twats to whom I referred.
PS. I drink Harveys when I return to Brighton but that is my choice. I do not comment to fellow pub customers about their chosen beverage so why do you think it's ok for you to?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry for the late reply as I was away for a week, but how can you possibly use peoples opinion as fact?

PS. I drink Harveys when I return to Brighton but that is my choice. I do not comment to fellow pub customers about their chosen beverage so why do you think it's ok for you to?

But if you see a fellow pub customer who clearly needs assistance with their judgement do you not feel an obligation to help? Surely helping our fellow human beings is a must?

If you're after something factually correct, I believe the work and research the Viz writers put into the strip "Real Ale Twats" certainly paid off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But if you see a fellow pub customer who clearly needs assistance with their judgement do you not feel an obligation to help? Surely helping our fellow human beings is a must?

You are just too kind to your fellow man.......................... Or are you a closet beer snob ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here