Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheap train fares to Southampton

Jimmy Grimble

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

£8.60 for an adult return, feckin nice one!

And no there is no problem with the trains on this route. I'm not sure why this myth keeps popping up.

Jimmy Grimble

Jesus Christ I'm thick. My bad. Still not the end of the world and the Clapham route means you can avoid it. I think.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't think it will be valid between Clapham and Scumhampton as that is not a Southern operated train.

Jimmy Grimble

Yeah I know, but you can avoid the rail replacement can't you?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yeah I know, but you can avoid the rail replacement can't you?

There is only ten minutes difference in the time it takes whether you go via Clapham or along the coast using the rail replacemnt bus. So no odds really, except, it is far cheaper to go the coast route.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Are you going to go 1st class Conboy?

:jester:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That ticket is only valid on Southern trains and there are no Southern services to Southampton on a Sunday so no good as not valid on South Western services.
Use the Groupsave ticket or a railcard.

On the southern website everything seems fine though?!
Would have thought if that was the case it would say something when you looked at train times/ ticket prices.
Think we will drive to worthing and pick the train up there, £12.60 for an adult and an u16 (as far as they know)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
On the southern website everything seems fine though?!
Would have thought if that was the case it would say something when you looked at train times/ ticket prices.
Think we will drive to worthing and pick the train up there, £12.60 for an adult and an u16 (as far as they know)

Up to you but the minute you step on a SW Trains train with those tickets you'll be penalty fared and you can guarantee there will be plenty of inspectors about on Sunday.
Check the validity 'southern trains only' which means what it says , not any other companies trains but what the f*** do I know ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Brighton - Clapham.
Clapham - Southampton.

Simple as that, I think.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Up to you but the minute you step on a SW Trains train with those tickets you'll be penalty fared and you can guarantee there will be plenty of inspectors about on Sunday.
Check the validity 'southern trains only' which means what it says , not any other companies trains but what the f*** do I know ?

I wasnt saying your wrong...
I just guessed that southern wouldnt show those fares for what arent their trains. Thanks for the warning, think ill double check before i book!
:thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

what he said

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I wasnt saying your wrong...
I just guessed that southern wouldnt show those fares for what arent their trains. Thanks for the warning, think ill double check before i book!
:thumbsup:

Yes , whatever you do don't get on a SW with discounted Southern train ticket, there'll be a fine on your doorstep before you even reach Southampton. :lolol:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I will be leaving at 8:39am from Polegate with another albion fan, and two scummers. Bus takes us from Polegate to Lewes, then on the train from Lewes to Clapham, then down to Southampton. Gets there at 12:00 midday.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here