Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton ... Worst team we've seen at the Amex this season?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not going to make any excuses, but somehow feel the need to explain..

Personally, just thought it was pretty weak that your players didn't even attempt to stage a comeback. The manager put attacking players on but it just looked like a training exercise for our players second half. Clearly you aren't normally that bad or you'd be bottom and down by now, but there was definitely a hint of the Wolves apathy last season about it.
Having said that: nice away trip, decent ground and (usually) good fans so hope you smash Barnsley and move away from the relegation zone.
Much prefer Blackpool or Milwall to come 3rd bottom.

Not going to make any excuses, but somehow feel the need to explain.
We have had a turbulent season to say the least, no strengthening up front in the close season, and then a change of ownership, who promptly sold Kermogant and then Stephens to your good selves. Following that Chris Powell was sacked, and two strangers were appointed, yesterday was their tenth game in charge. Weirdly we enjoyed the parallel phenomena of a cup run and a relegation battle in the last days of Chris Powell, which led to the proverbial fixture pile up which we are now having to cope with.
Loads of games and no strikers to call on effectively, so we are having to try to limp through the rest of the season and survive. We have been losing weekend games, and winning midweek ones recently, and I suppose there was little point in going hell for leather at Brighton with a game looming Tuesday. The plan to try to hold out was then lost when a mistake by young Diego opened the door for Brighton, as soon as you scored you had the game won, our players knew it, so did not try much so as to preserve energy!
That of course was disrespectful to our travelling support, and I doubt there was much motivation to get behind the team given the emotional and spiritual battering we have had this season. Then Charlton dickheads started giving it 'in house' as it were, which usually isn't the kind of thing our support goes in for.
Yeah we were pretty crap, although it is amusing that some of you call Reza 'lumbering', and despite the fact he is a lightweight I wish he was good enough, or a threat enough to even earn the epithet 'lumbering'. Diego obviously felt some kind of guilt about his dad, so gifted you the first goal, don't rush to judgement about him on that display, I have seen him a lot, and he is a decent player for a lad not yet 19 and one week old. A few Brighton fans booed him I noticed, on the stream I was watching.
We hope we can be less crap in the future, the wheel turns and all that, as Brighton fans know only too well, it may be more competitive sometime soon, and we won against you on Boxing day, so somewhere within us there is a decent enough team playing at a decent enough club.
Anyway this is a Brighton forum, and our troubles are of scant interest here. I will say again that whoever is responsible for getting BHA from the loss of the Goldstone debacle, to where you are now is, or are, absolute heroes. I hope for your sake you have money and are not making huge losses so you don't go backwards. the stadium is great, the facilities are great, and you have a fine club to grace your city, and the fact that it is the single footballing focus for the area is to your huge advantage.

Nothing wrong with packing your defence and playing for a point in particular circumstances - but I think your manager got his tactics wrong yesterday. He should have seen our manager was experimenting with a more attacking line-up and the worst thing to do in that situation was to sit back and give us time on the ball to enable us to increase our fluency with that new-ish style of play. Either Obika (was he injured) or Church would have given some support to Sordell, who rather chillingly to my eyes looked too much like our isolated striker of recent times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here