Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton v Southampton - OFF

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I assume the referee was desperate for the game to be on but Nigel Adkins refused to let his team play on the surface so the ref had no choice?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has Sheffield Wednesday's game later this week also been called off? I have a recollection of them postponing two games, but can't remember if today's was their first or their second. If they have postponed their next game too, that means we'll be top on new years day, right?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has Sheffield Wednesday's game later this week also been called off? I have a recollection of them postponing two games, but can't remember if today's was their first or their second. If they have postponed their next game too, that means we'll be top on new years day, right?
Iirc their game at Tranmere is postponed and the next two home games until the plumbers can sort out the frozen pipes at Hillsborough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Makes the Charlton game a BIG one. We stay unbeaten in that and we are well placed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I seem to recall all of Wednesday's games have been called off over Christmas. Two home games because of a burst pipe and the away game at Tranny due to a frozen pitch.

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
I assume the referee was desperate for the game to be on but Nigel Adkins refused to let his team play on the surface so the ref had no choice?

I didn't say Poyet called it off :facepalm:

I said that he didn't want his players playing due to the safety.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was the referee alerted to the fact the pitch might be frozen by a Charlton fan driving past The Valley earlier this morning ? ???

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Disgraceful late call by the ref to postpone this one when apparently both managers and teams were happy to play and scummer fans were at the ground.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great news

Come on Pool

Also , 2 home games and a trip to a relegation side on the back burner. Plenty of positives peeps

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
... neither team can displace us at the top of the table on Tuesday.

Ignore him - of course we care. I can't work out if it's good or bad for us with Charlton in town Weds. Had they played and won they'd be confident etc etc had they played and lost they wouldn't - and would hopefully have been knackered... Never mind

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I didn't say Poyet called it off :facepalm:

I said that he didn't want his players playing due to the safety.

Referee Gavin Ward, had said that the pitch was playable and was going to pass the pitch inspection until Gus Poyet refused to let his players play on the conditions. I can't really say too much as i haven't seen the pitch myself but for Poyet to refuse to play when the pitch is playable has pissed me off bigtime.

:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huddersfield could still overtake us. Their game v Hartlepool is on today (at the moment). Which would leave them one point behind us if they win. They are away to southampton on tuesday. So, if things go against us, we might no be top at the start of our next game. Eep.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Heard 2 Albion fans at a service station saying they were going to the Charlton game now that our's was off. Double kick in the teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here