Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton train chaos Boxing day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People work on Christmas Day, but no trains then. I see how it's very different?

? So, using your argument to its logical conclusion shall we dispense with trains completely?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Other than going to the football, I can't think of any reason many people would need the train on Boxing Day?
**** me are you serious? People need to get to work (not everyone's on holiday), visit other friends/relatives, get home from spending Christmas Day with friends/relatives (in time for work the next day), go to the Boxing Day sales, there are loads of reasons. Surprisingly it's not a question of either going to football or vegging out in front of the TV.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Ok, I get that, but if half the network is usually shut down over Christmas, I can't see what's so different this year and how if people are so reliant on the service, how people have coped in the past?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It is laughable and no other country (except Ireland) doesn't run trains on Boxing Day, afaik. It would be a real busy day on them if they ran, but as said we Brits have got used to the closure, even though it's far more anachronistic (Boxing Day is arguably the biggest day of the year for shopping and sporting events) than the long abolished afternoon and 11pm pub closure, for example. The only benefit of continued Boxing Day transport closure is it's the single biggest fact that blows EDL bullshit about UK Islamisation out of the water. Even Papal Italy isn't enough of a Christian-controlled state to not run trains on Dec 26th!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, I get that, but if half the network is usually shut down over Christmas, I can't see what's so different this year and how if people are so reliant on the service, how people have coped in the past?

People drive. However there used to be trains in the past, even on Christmas Day, but that's not the point. You said apart from football you couldn't see why people used trains on Boxing Day which was, with respect, a spectacularly ignorant thing to say.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When do the Tube drivers announce they won't be working on Boxing Day because TfL isn't paying a hefty attendance bonus ? :lol:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks. Won't need it to go to Charlton sadly but definitely will on the way back from Kempton Park (another thing lots of people do on Boxing Day. Can get to East Croydon and that service had been a godsend in recent years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here