Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton protest

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seem to remember a lot of their fans at fans United.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Screw them.

I hope their bonkers Belgian owner royally screws them over.

NEVER FORGET.

I've never forgotten the coach loads that came down to fans united at the Goldstone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Charlton fans help to get these idiots out that are running their club. Fans United and the principle that my enemy's enemy is my friend mean they have my sympathy and respect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After the last game at the Amex - f**k em. I hope they sink out of trace.

Oh nonsense. No club is about the owners, it's about the fans. I have no axe to grind with true fans of any club, (yes even Crystal Palace). We all love football, that's the only important thing at times like this.

I wish them well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So why didn't you know about their advertising campaign trying to steal supporters then ?

He was far too busy watching the Albion to worry about Charlton running coaches.

It's getting boring hearing about the Charlton coaches now, surely anyone getting on these coaches back then was either a Charlton fan living down this way or a type of fan that just watched the odd match.
I don't know any Albion fans that suddenly started getting on a cheap coach to watch Charlton play.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He was far too busy watching the Albion to worry about Charlton running coaches.

It's getting boring hearing about the Charlton coaches now, surely anyone getting on these coaches back then was either a Charlton fan living down this way or a type of fan that just watched the odd match.
I don't know any Albion fans that suddenly started getting on a cheap coach to watch Charlton play.

When we struggled to attract new fans to Withdean their marketing team contacted Sussex schools to try and get them to arrange trips to the Valley to watch 'Premiership' football.

It starved us of much needed revenue when we needed it the most. If the Albion ever did this in Lewisham or Greenwich I would be disgusted.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

You obviously weren't around in the Withdean days then

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The problem with Withdean wasn't Charlton coaches. It was more to do with sitting out in the rain and wind.

How many schools did go on those coaches?

The problem with Withdean wasn't Charlton coaches. It was more to do with sitting out in the rain and wind.

How many schools did go on those coaches?

Not often I agree with Ernest, but on this we are at agreement.

I hope they get in real trouble, and then we start advertising around their core support areas (Kent) and run coaches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When we struggled to attract new fans to Withdean their marketing team contacted Sussex schools to try and get them to arrange trips to the Valley to watch 'Premiership' football.

It starved us of much needed revenue when we needed it the most. If the Albion ever did this in Lewisham or Greenwich I would be disgusted.

I was taking my sons to watch football at Withdean. Hopefully proper Albion fans were doing the same, the Albion did have decent ' Seagulls Club ' at the time with many benefits for child members. The season tickets at Withdean in the family stand were also very cheap for kids.

I noticed you state ' Their marketing team ' ( Charlton ) contacted sussex schools, this had nothing to do with the FANS of Charlton that had the protest yesterday.

I still remember Charlton FANS backing us at Fans United , as lots of others have also mention.

If any Albion fans jumped ship and watched Charlton and not the Albion they should be slated, not Charlton FANS.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yes I was ALSO supporting Brighton rather than worrying about looking for posters advertising coaches to Charlton.

If you can find any Brighton fans that stopped going to watch us and went to Charlton, have a go at them.
I'm missing your point, was it compulsory to look for these posters?
I do seem to remember there was enough going on off the field to campaign for Falmer :thumbsup: I was more interested in that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here