Charlton fan in court accused of trying to punch Crystal Palace's eagle mascot

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I've mentioned this before on NSC, but I still maintain one of the funniest sights I've ever seen at football was before the epic 1993 League Cup away game at Leicester (shit, 23 years ago, getting old!) when the Leicester fox mascot was beckoned over by a Haywards Heath-based Brighton fan for what the mascot thought was a friendly handshake....and the Brighton fan whacked him in the head with his fist!!

Admittedly I was drunk, and wasn't THAT funny, but to people who saw it, it was damn hilarious. The mascot took it in good spirits, and certainly no steward/policeman pounced on the fan to kick him out

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
That tosser really needs to be smeared with the juices of a dead rabbit or two and then put in a room with that eagle. That'll learn him! Ar*eh*le!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've mentioned this before on NSC, but I still maintain one of the funniest sights I've ever seen at football was before the epic 1993 League Cup away game at Leicester (shit, 23 years ago, getting old!) when the Leicester fox mascot was beckoned over by a Haywards Heath-based Brighton fan for what the mascot thought was a friendly handshake....and the Brighton fan whacked him in the head with his fist!!

Admittedly I was drunk, and wasn't THAT funny, but to people who saw it, it was damn hilarious. The mascot took it in good spirits, and certainly no steward/policeman pounced on the fan to kick him out

Haywards Heath, you say? Hmmm
Who do we know who comes from Haywards Heath?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I wonder if that's even an existing charge...I mean, as you've correctly stated, you would have to be a complete tool to try and punch an eagle (or any animal) but how daft must you be to fail at it?!

Interesting post on the Palace board from a Palace fan who says

keltic eagle

To be honest I saw what happened and the handler did appear to hold kayla towards the clowns as he walked past them. I thought at the time it was a bit risky.

The Palace fan seems to be suggesting the handler was provoking the Charlton fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports