Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton blackmail fans with ST to stop dissent

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wow, that actually sounds threatening. I'd have a solicitor on that quicker than you can say free season ticket and written apology. Disgraceful.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
And here is that letter. Just found online.

attachment.php
Isn't that on display in the Amex museum now? I seem to remember it is...

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
You would have to tell them to stick it up their ar£e and f**k off while they are at it. Also can I have my money back please. CAFC = Thought Police! Appalling behaviour, Booooooo!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Which book is that published in?

Could it be build a bonfire? I still haven;t read it and feel like a bad fan for this

Regarding the Charlton letter - it seems absolutely mental. However, we do not know what the guy had written online. We have had instances on here where people have gone too far.

Assuming that it wasn;t too bad and was more - 'get them out my club I hate them' than libel then it is a gross over reaction and stinks of us in the late nineties and Blackpool of now and the last few years. I am amazed that someone would buy a season ticket under such circumstances. I would tell them where to go.

I would definitely be up for some form of Fans United down there to show support and get the message out loud and clear that the fans will not accept this way of treating fans

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I didn't know that. I must go to the museum sometime soon.
It's worthwhile. If you spend some time watching the videos and reading all the various bits and pieces, it's a decent way to spend a couple of hours. It's not huge, but well thought out and covers things nicely. Pleased it isn't a sanitised version of events...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What's most worrying is how the hell have Charlton Football Club managed to gain access to internet football forums or other such social media sites to correctly identify the persons they are sending these sinister letters to? My personal response would be to seek legal advice and ask what proof they have and how it was obtained for them to make such a potentially libellous statement. I mean, who posts anything anywhere these days using their readily identifiable real identity? Apart from Twitter perhaps but even then how can the club be so certain that the posts they are reading are definitely from the person they think they are. I think Charlton may have shot themselves in the foot in this occasion and are opening themselves up to some pretty serious legal challenges. Be interesting to see how this pans out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Absolutely disgusting way to behave. Reminds me of when Bellotti banned anyone new from buying a ticket in the West Stand effectively limiting the abuse he got.

What is wrong with these people?

Because of the way they are acting you can only assume they have an end game to sell the ground. Otherwise why do what they are doing?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What's most worrying is how the hell have Charlton Football Club managed to gain access to internet football forums or other such social media sites to correctly identify the persons they are sending these sinister letters to? My personal response would be to seek legal advice and ask what proof they have and how it was obtained for them to make such a potentially libellous statement. I mean, who posts anything anywhere these days using their readily identifiable real identity? Apart from Twitter perhaps but even then how can the club be so certain that the posts they are reading are definitely from the person they think they are. I think Charlton may have shot themselves in the foot in this occasion and are opening themselves up to some pretty serious legal challenges. Be interesting to see how this pans out.

I was wondering that as well. "Dear Easy 10"... EH ?

Hopefully this letter gets widely circulated and makes the Nationals. I'd like to see 'a spokesman' from CAFC come out and actually attempt to justify this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Disgustingly underhand trick, waiting until the ST is 'purchased' before pulling this stunt. On the plus side, fans have long memories and if the same regime is still in place next season, not one single Charlton fan should renew their ST.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And another own goal from Charlton, their home match this Saturday against Northampton is free to local residents in SE7. No doubt an attempt to increase the official attendance figure to overcome all those boycotting and those that have not signed the ABC.

It would be interesting to known what the ABC requires the ST to sign away, but not enclosed with the letter, I wonder why

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The thing is they seem to already be down hundreds of Season Ticker Holders. There were a lot who very publicly didn't review at the end of last season, placing their season tickets on a statue outside the stadium. CARD (the main campaign) posted a link to a thread on Charlton's main forum recently, and there were people who'd gone for thirty or forty years saying they wouldn't renew and would not give the club any more money. When that's the situation, enraging those STHs they've managed to retain is sheer insanity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here