Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Away = Promotion Party

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst an over optimistic thread opener and can see the possibility of Burnley dropping points in those three games, mainly because two of them are both localish rivals that may up their game a little. However I think it is going to be harder than most seem to think to win the next two games, Fulham on there day can be decent, and the same for QPR. And both will bring a reasonable following behind that South goal.

I wouldn't be confident of stopping Fulham or QPR scoring against us which means we need at least two goals in each game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Burnley will drop pts - perhaps take 5pts out of that lot? - that would then leave us 2pts clear possibly when we play Derby

Obviously you're glossing over the fact we'd have to win 3 tough Championship league games (2 against squads that cost a lot more £s than ous fwiw) :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Here is my take on the events for the next eight days

Birmingham vs Burnley = home win
Burnley vs Middlesboro = away win
Preston vs Burnley = home win

Brighton vs Fulham = home win
Brighton vs QPR = home win
Charlton vs Brighton = Away win

Seven points clear and promotion on the 23rd

You heard it here first!

Good man. I like the cut of your jib. Party at Charlton it is then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most seemingly think we've won the next 3 games already. Talking about all the scenarios and how many points Burnley will drop etc etc. It's a big, big ask for us to win the next 3 - let's just concentrate on us winning each game as it comes first eh chaps?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nope. I don't often get these chances to dream. I'm with the OP.

I don't mind dreaming and coming up with the scenarios - my point was, in everyone's scenarios we've won the next 3! 7 points from the 3 would be an excellent return normally - yes we've got to go for it now etc - just think it's being glossed over like the post I highlighted above: 'I think Burnley will drop pts - perhaps take 5pts out of that lot? - that would then leave us 2pts clear possibly when we play Derby' - bit presumptive!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If this happens, come find me at Charlton and I will buy you a beer...

See you in the Bunch of Grapes @ 18:00...

If this happens, we'll all be buying....

It would be marvellous to rub Derby's noses in it and then go to 'Boro with a shootout for the title, both already promoted.

PG

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Here is my take on the events for the next eight days

Birmingham vs Burnley = home win
Burnley vs Middlesboro = away win
Preston vs Burnley = home win

Brighton vs Fulham = home win
Brighton vs QPR = home win
Charlton vs Brighton = Away win

Seven points clear and promotion on the 23rd

You heard it here first!

So a team unbeaten in 18 are going to lose the next 3? I hope you are right.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You've got to have a dream, because if you don't have a dream, then how the f*** are you gonna have a dream come true!?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
My money's on any promotion party being dependant on the result at Middlesbrough on the last day of the season.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I hate threads like these. Asking for trouble. Bet the Boro/Burnley fans are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of giving this a hearty bounce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here