Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Largely controlling the game but no cutting edge and slow going forward. Ince stood out in first 30.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Two out of for on target for us, one out of eight to them, according to the BBC. Possession 64% to 36% in our favour, apparently.

I use bet365 who track the game live and are normally pretty accurate. According to them Charlton- 6 shots, 2 on target, Brighton- 5 shots, 2 on target.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m1 minute ago

Text on player saw it differently :)

Joe Bennett got away with a handball from a cross. ref Probert too far away to see it, linesman should have. #bhafc

HT: No score. Bennett cleared off the line and was then involved in penalty shout late on, but Probert called it right

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A little drab in the first half, but a bit more link up between the middle of the park and our endlessly bedraggled mad dog of a front man, and we could come good.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Need to make a change. O'grady and halford on for me.
Seems like our fans are waiting for something to happen as the whole ground is flat (atmosphere)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From what WA is saying, we should start actually passing to him.

Yes. That's what I heard. Fair enough, CMS is not everyone's cup of tea, and I can see why, but the witch hunt by some on here is getting silly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
HT: No score. Bennett cleared off the line and was then involved in penalty shout late on, but Probert called it right

Albion fans in the stand behind the goal think it was handball too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The main problem seems to be lack of creativity in midfield and not getting the ball forward quickly enough. Don't see how Halford coming on will help this. Maybe Tex or Colunga?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Yes. That's what I heard. Fair enough, CMS is not everyone's cup of tea, and I can see why, but the witch hunt by some on here is getting silly.

I don't have an irrational dislike of him, but I think the 'no service' card can only be played so many times. I just don't think he makes intelligent enough runs to play up front on his own, and he can't hold the ball up for toffee.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cheap penalty to Charlton coming up to make up for not giving the one in the first half, or will we be denied a clear pen to make amends?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't have an irrational dislike of him, but I think the 'no service' card can only be played so many times. I just don't think he makes intelligent enough runs to play up front on his own, and he can't hold the ball up for toffee.

Oh, I agree, he's no target man but, in this game, the problem DOES appear to be lack of service / service too slow.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
KO. Gomez comes on at HT for Charlton. His rating starts at 6.0. CMS is 5.9 go for the first half. Dunk was 7.5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here