Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

charlton again

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
just had a text from a charlton friend of mine who tells me poyet is 2nd favorite to land the managers job...... oh how i laughed,,,, not a chance in hell.......wise favorite....:falmer:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes, we know

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
2nd favourite, solely because fuckwits like your mate, are MUG enough to believe it remotely possible, and persist with throwing away their fivers. Dennis Wise, end of. Hilarious decision.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Or............................................ Iain Dowie if you play your cards right/wrong. (Delete as appropriate)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Dennis Wise Looks Very Likely To Be The Next Manager Of Charlton
By Sam Darby on 05/01/2011 12:12

Just hours after Phil Parkinson was sacked as manager of Charlton Athletic on Tuesday, one man had been extremely well backed to become the Next Charlton Manager, suggesting that contact had already been made between the two parties before Parkinson was given his marching orders.

Less than two hours after Parkinson left Charlton it was Dennis Wise who had gone from around 8/1 to long odds on in the Next Charlton Manager Odds and he has remained around the same price for the past twenty four hours, he can't really shorten any further without actually being appointed Charlton Manager. It is rare that managers get backed this quickly and there is rarely smoke without fire with a gamble of this magnitude, it is difficult at the moment to see anyone other than Wise getting the job.

Ironically, the man who has emerged the biggest threat to Dennis Wise is his former assistant manager at Leeds, Gus Poyet. The Uruguayan is currently in charge at Brighton but if things fall through with Wise it seems as though an approach will be made to bring Poyet to Charlton as the manager.

There is a strong Chelsea link with the managers being linked with Charlton, both Wise and Poyet played together at Chelsea whilst the third favourite in the Next Charlton Manager Odds is former Chelsea assistant boss Steve Clarke. After Clarke there are a long list of managers who are all joint fourth favourites in the pecking order, the most likely of those could be former Newcastle manager Chris Hughton, although he is currently being linked with some of the other jobs that are available in the football league.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Charlton may well approach us. I could approach BHAFC to see if Poyet will manage my 5 a side team.

Doesnt mean Poyet is interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here