Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton advertising for fans in Eastbourne

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think this has been mentioned but Charlton are advertising for fans in Today's Eastbourne Herald. They are advertising £5 return bus trips direct from Eastbourne. Cheeky bastards :angry: !!!! Can't believe the paper took the advert :censored: :censored:

I'm sure Eastbourne Borough are well impressed by that too!!

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Billy Seagull said:
Don't think this has been mentioned but Charlton are advertising for fans in Today's Eastbourne Herald. They are advertising £5 return bus trips direct from Eastbourne. Cheeky bastards :angry: !!!! Can't believe the paper took the advert :censored: :censored:

I'm sure Eastbourne Borough are well impressed by that too!!

No, they are probably advertising for the OAP's to have a day out and a game of Bingo at The Valley :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
They've been doing the same thing in Kent which pissed off Gillingham. My opinion of Charlton as gone through the floor since they've been doing these dirty tricks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not for the first time this season either....

Just shows what we are missing out on by not having a decent ground. As soon as we get Falmer then this is what we need to be doing throughout Sussex.

As it stands I'd rather people go watch Charlton for a while than Palace, Arsenal or Spurs. They are just keeping the floaters interested while we get our act together. Cheers Charlton!!!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I was watching Meridain recently and they have already tried this in Gillingham.:D
Obviously the gills locals have some sense after all and passed on the offer!!

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Typical of Clowntown.

I know a few people who watch them just to see Prem football. The club has sold its soul.

They sing about beating us this season but they brought about 1,200 to Selhurst. Pathetic. The MU of South London.

How many could you have sold in Oct 2002? Plenty I think.

E

enigma

You can't blame them it makes sense for them. If I didn't support a team already then I'd consider it, 5 pound on the bus is a good deal. However, I'm not sure how effective the campaign will be.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lammy said:
They've been doing the same thing in Kent which pissed off Gillingham. My opinion of Charlton as gone through the floor since they've been doing these dirty tricks.

nothing wrong just got their act together , dont have to go .. i would hope we do same if and when we get falmer

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
When we get Falmer we will be doing the same thing. In fact we all ready do in some respect since you match day ticket includes FREE travel from some areas.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Charlton have been doing this for years, and personally I don't have any objection.

Believe it or not Charlton are likely to have fans in Eastbourne, just like the Albion have fans in Guildford, and I don't see any harm in them trying to make those fans aware of their offers.

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
there are 30 - 40 charlton season ticket holders in crowborough,most would have been potential albion fans at one point
they cant be following charlton for the glory so its got to be our lack of a stadium, further proof of how the asset strippers are still shafting this club nearly 8 years later.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Dick Knights Mum said:
What exactly did Sompting do to the posters at Hove station ? I remember there was a massive build-up to his one-man protest.

You make it sound incredibly dramatic. Top work by Sompting. Didn't see the evidence myself, but he certainly did a number on them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Curious Orange said:

Believe it or not Charlton are likely to have fans in Eastbourne

A mate who is Eastbourne born and bred is Clowntown through the through (family tradition) and apparently even bleeds red if you cut him!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
paulie said:

They sing about beating us this season but they brought about 1,200 to Selhurst. Pathetic. The MU of South London.

How many could you have sold in Oct 2002? Plenty I think.

I think in fairness to them on that one, there was an organised boycott of the Palace game, in protest at the fact that your prices for away fans are about the second highest in the Premiership, for a seat at arguably the worst ground, with the worst facilities (only Shat-ton Park comes close for decrepit-ness). And yes, I realise the irony of us taking the piss out of your ground, before you start squealing.

Doubt they'll get many fans from Eastbourne though- can't see why they're bothering, it's hardly natural Charlton territory, unlike north Kent.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
I was watching Meridain recently and they have already tried this in Gillingham.:D
Obviously the gills locals have some sense after all and passed on the offer!!

Are you sure that the word you intended was "passed"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here