Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway jnr signs development contract

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
f*** sake. Why all the negativity? He's signed for a year to the development squad. Regardless of who his dad is, if he develops into a decent player he'll get a crack at the first team squad. If not, he'll get released like any other player.

Okay so he's not Dennis Bergkamp's nephew or some Chelsea golden boy with a "flair" name. If he shows half the guts and leadership qualities as a his dad, he'll be an asset to the Dev squad.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Give the guy a chance FFS. It doesn't sound like his Dad had much to do with this, and even he did, we'd all give our boys a chance if we could. Good luck to him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I hope Gus signs his son.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
If anything, being called Charlie Oatway is a disadvantage as it makes people believe he is only here for his dad so give him a chance, and Diego Poyet might even play against us this season with Charlton [MENTION=1425]Oscar[/MENTION]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seen him play have you?

Do you know for a FACT that he will not make the grade?

Oh f*** off mate, you and I both know he will not even get a sniff in. favours are called in by coaches of all clubs, Connor wilkins went from our youth team to southamptons (one of the best in the country) when wendy left us and joined them.

same goes for Hinsh and probably many others.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh f*** off mate, you and I both know he will not even get a sniff in. favours are called in by coaches of all clubs, Connor wilkins went from our youth team to southamptons (one of the best in the country) when wendy left us and joined them.

same goes for Hinsh and probably many others.

Bit of a misrepresentation there..... Conor Wilkins was signed professional after his scholar ended and when Dean Wilkins had already moved on.

CW was then released near the end of his contract ( no shame in that ) and by all accounts did some training down at Southampton to stay in shape, but never signed or played a game for their youth ( he was too old anyway ) or their DS squad.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
According to the Argus he score 34 goals for his team last season, playing as an attacking midfielder. Not bad even at that standard.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
Hope he makes it as im an Albion fan. However, I saw him play 6 times last season and whilst he looked better than county 2 he was nowhere near good enough for us. saw players of a similar age who looked a lot better than he did (in my opinion). For those that dont know much about county div 2 standard, to put it in real world terms hes been running a corner shop and has been promoted to ceo of tesco! Good luck to him and no big deal if he isnt good enough, im sure we arent paying him silly wages.

Dec 29, 2011
Bit of a misrepresentation there..... Conor Wilkins was signed professional after his scholar ended and when Dean Wilkins had already moved on.

CW was then released near the end of his contract ( no shame in that ) and by all accounts did some training down at Southampton to stay in shape, but never signed or played a game for their youth ( he was too old anyway ) or their DS squad.

Spot on. Some people don't know what they're talking about

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He played up front for me and although there wasn't a lot of physical strength about him at that age he could put the ball in the net 9 out of ten times, he also had a trial with Brighton back then but wasn't physically ready for it.
Good luck to him I say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here