Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway (back at the Amex)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Indeed liked him as a player but what was his real contribution under Poyet? I stand to be corrected but I can imagine he was just Mr Motivator to stir the troops up while Gus did the clever tactical stuff. This theory is borne out by the fact that he's only ever been an assistant.

I was reliably informed that he was in charge of the cones.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought I'd look him up on Wikipedia and was surprised at his full name and the fact that Charles or Charlie isn't one of his many names. When he had 11 first names to choose from he has ended up using a 12th name instead!

Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway (born 28 November 1973), more commonly known as Charlie Oatway

He must run out of room on forms that require your middle names!

Christ alive, man. Where have you been.

Or have I been whooshed? ???

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I'm glad somebody else thinks the same thing.

I can't believe the OP thinks it is Charlie.

Oh it's him alright... th.jpg...and it appears he left Eastbourne at the end of last season.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indeed liked him as a player but what was his real contribution under Poyet? I stand to be corrected but I can imagine he was just Mr Motivator to stir the troops up while Gus did the clever tactical stuff. This theory is borne out by the fact that he's only ever been an assistant.

You imagine correctly.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Another vote for "that's not Charlie Oatway".

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
At that going up final game of the season at Grimsby some unknown years ago I asked him about those QPR Christian names at half time. His response was rather unsettling.

did it start with an f and finish with an f , by any chance !!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Jokes aside it's quite amazing how Poyet let him ride his coat tails even in the appts abroad and no doubt Mlle decent money in the process.

A bit of nepotism? Guess that’s what friends are, for but I genuinely have a problem with the way the wagon train seems to have escalated over the years with more chiefs than Indians, driving up costs that end up being paid for by the fans.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It looks vaguely like Charlie Oatway but it's not him. Nose is wrong, ears are wrong, hair colour wrong. It's basically the homogenised look of an over weight, bald/shaven headed middle aged bloke. There were probably quite a few Charlie Oatways at the Amex on saturday, apart from the actual real mccoy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not him for me either. Shame he won’t go back as I liked him. Wonder what did happen here as never heard something I’d consider the truth...

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Not him for me either. Shame he won’t go back as I liked him. Wonder what did happen here as never heard something I’d consider the truth...

His Mum lives in Henfield, and he was often spotted in the local watering holes around the village whenever Poyet got sacked, but due to the severance clause TB got him to sign (Probably Capital Letters though) he was always tight lipped, and said your never know, to those that asked.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh it's him alright...View attachment 115972...and it appears he left Eastbourne at the end of last season.

Oatway was taken to Eastbourne Borough by Mark McGhee when our former manager was appointed on an interim basis in February following the sacking of Jamie Howell. The appointments were only until the end of last season (with Lee Bradbury appointed in May).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
definitely NOT Charlie.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here