Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway aka Claude Makelele

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
:bowdown: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown:

Oct 25, 2003
yes, he got done big time, by a not very quick striker

i thought freedman was el-abd's man on the first goal though, it was poor marking all round

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Oatway was like malfunctioning air-traffic-control today. His tracking (which is his only strength) was poor, he consistently missed tackles, and only completed a handful of passes (as a central midfielder!) all match.

Again, totally poor and playing in a position that we can't afford to carry a consistently poor performer.

He may talk a good game, but he can't play one. He did have a good game away at Palace, but that was his epiphany.
Fingers crossed Chippy will be back soon, as both he and Hammond look like better players when they play next to each other, confident in each other's abilities.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i thought oatway did ok, and was a lot more involved than hammond

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
oi..........calm down to a panic. i thought we did ok today FFS. we outplayed palace for large amounts of the game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oatway did ok today he is the sort of player that screws up his passes that we count up during the match but tend to forget the headers and tackles he's won.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
seagullsovergrimsby said:
Oatway did ok today he is the sort of player that screws up his passes that we count up during the match but tend to forget the headers and tackles he's won.
:thumbsup:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Oatway was good breaking up possession both when palace had the ball, and when we did and he was passed too. Old and out of his depth.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chalie played OK in both the games against Palace.

There was one moment in the second half that made a few of us chuckle. Seb was jinking around with his usual skills for a fair while. He made a short pass to Charlie who promptly booted it out! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here