Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Nicholas 'THEY all LOOK the SAME to me'

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Hmm. Although what he actually said, badly phrased, is that he often can't tell Fernando and Fernandinho apart - which as they are physically similar and play in virtually the same place on the pitch is understandable.

Exactly this. There is absolutely nothing to see here. Anyone who makes this into an 'issue' is frankly deluded. This is precisely the type of stupid, ill conceived nonsense that has made this country a bit shit.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The exact words, it turns out, were "Was it Fernando or Fernandinho? They both look the same to me". Which, bearing in mind they look so similar they could be brothers and he's watching it on a tiny TV screen, doesn't seem unreasonable. Bad choice of words but that's it.
Doesn't even sound like a bad choice of words imo - just saying two players look alike not that a whole group of people did.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The exact words, it turns out, were "Was it Fernando or Fernandinho? They both look the same to me". Which, bearing in mind they look so similar they could be brothers and he's watching it on a tiny TV screen, doesn't seem unreasonable. Bad choice of words but that's it.

Yep. End of 'story' it appears.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think the only person who should be offended is Nicholas as it is bordering on slander by people who want to shout "look at me "

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Of course there was nothing in it. I was watching and thought it was badly chosen words, nothing else. Another one for those people who can't wait to be offended.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Exactly this. There is absolutely nothing to see here. Anyone who makes this into an 'issue' is frankly deluded. This is precisely the type of stupid, ill conceived nonsense that has made this country a bit shit.

That's Ernest in a nutshell.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I saw this live and thought it would be an issue, but in his defence you could have said that he was referring to the two players in question. He should have said 'they both' but for crying out loud, with all the other carnage going on in the World, this should be halted now and not mentioned again.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here