Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charle Adam's jumper

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It is obscene that people starve (in our country let alone round the world) and he spends £280, that he earned by kicking a ball around, on a crap sweatshirt

I don't believe it's correct to equate poverty in the UK with poverty in the Third World, I know there are lots of poor sods who use food banks but it would take a monumental f*ck-up in someone's benefits and the welfare system for someone to starve in this country. I don't think it's systematic or deliberate. But if you are aware of people like this in the UK and yet you're happy to fork out £500 to watch a bunch of blokes kick a ball about isn't that just as obscene? And don't you think you're being just a tad melodramatic?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I don't believe it's correct to equate poverty in the UK with poverty in the Third World, I know there are lots of poor sods who use food banks but it would take a monumental f*ck-up in someone's benefits and the welfare system for someone to starve in this country. I don't think it's systematic or deliberate. But if you are aware of people like this in the UK and yet you're happy to fork out £500 to watch a bunch of blokes kick a ball about isn't that just as obscene? And don't you think you're being just a tad melodramatic?

Putting aside the moral issues (after all, I've plenty of £40-£50 tops, when I could have bought £5 ones from Primark) the bigger issue here is the STATE of the thing. What is he thinking?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't believe it's correct to equate poverty in the UK with poverty in the Third World, I know there are lots of poor sods who use food banks but it would take a monumental f*ck-up in someone's benefits for someone to starve. I don't think it's systematic or deliberate. But if you are aware of people like this in the UK and yet you're happy to fork out £500 to watch a bunch of blokes kick a ball about isn't that just as obscene?
Fair point. To be logically and morally consistent with my egalitarian views I should give away any money I have left over after providing minimum subsistence for my family.

This is, however, unrealistic and I settle for supporting and trying to vote in a government who believe in equality of opportunity and are interested in properly looking after the disadvantaged in our society (the UK "starving" I refer to are unable to look after themselves and provide nourishing meals - mainly young, old, or mentally ill).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Putting aside the moral issues (after all, I've plenty of £40-£50 tops, when I could have bought £5 ones from Primark) the bigger issue here is the STATE of the thing. What is he thinking?

Agreed, the only obscenity here is £280 for a dad jumper. I do like some of the other designs though.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Agreed, the only obscenity here is £280 for a dad jumper. I do like some of the other designs though.

It looks like it should be paired with elasticated Asda jeans, and Jeremy Clarkson style white trainers.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Clothes have been a status symbol since Ugg the Caveman provided Mrs Ugg with the latest from his woolly mammoth inspired Winter Collection...

It is obscene that people starve (in our country let alone round the world) and he spends £280, that he earned by kicking a ball around, on a crap sweatshirt - but no more obscene than millions of other inequities.

When I was younger I used to have expensive clothes, £400 jeans etc. I just look back now and think what a cu next Tuesday I was.
There are to many inequalities in this world to worry about, that may sound harsh. But if you spent your time worrying about them all it would send you loopy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Clothes have been a status symbol since Ugg the Caveman provided Mrs Ugg with the latest from his woolly mammoth inspired Winter Collection...

It is obscene that people starve (in our country let alone round the world) and he spends £280, that he earned by kicking a ball around, on a crap sweatshirt - but no more obscene than millions of other inequities.
Clothes have been a status symbol for decades !!! Charlie Adam can afford an expensive jumper. Most of the hoolie chavs wearing stone island at the football probably can't ...

Hardly obscene.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i like it!!!

Gianluca Vialli's jumpers and HUGE knots in his ties were the fashion statement for all football to aspire to.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Clothes have been a status symbol for decades !!! Charlie Adam can afford an expensive jumper. .

He can afford to blow £280 on a jumper and chose THAT. He shouldn't be allowed to go shopping tbh.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

I had no idea the UGG boots were from Caveman era. You learn something new......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here