Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Charity shop appeals for no more used sex toy donations!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
How is putting them in a crate on a car boot sale, being discreet about it?

Anyone could have seen them. Vicars, actresses, solicitors, Tory councillors, football pundits, anyone.
I would of thought it was illegal in charity shops and car bots as i thought sex shops were over 18s only

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A while ago, we were at the car boot sale at Carden primary school, Patcham. Under one table was a crate of sex toys. Not just one or two, but a full crate.

Call me a prude, but there are some things you shouldn't put on a car boot sale.
You can buy vibrators in supermarkets (so I've read :oops: ), so a box under a table in a car boot sale doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about who would want to buy somebody else's used sex toys. What do you do: drop them in a bowl of bleach first?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would of thought it was illegal in charity shops and car bots as i thought sex shops were over 18s only

Big difference legally between a sex shop selling hardcore movies and a branch of Ann Summers flogging tacky lingerie, Rampant Rabbits, and cock-shaped hair accessories for hen parties.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that lingerie that becomes tacky after prolonged use?
Probably also when placed close to a heat source or naked flame, yes.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You can buy vibrators in supermarkets (so I've read :oops: ), so a box under a table in a car boot sale doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about who would want to buy somebody else's used sex toys. What do you do: drop them in a bowl of bleach first?
I’d imagine they would be the kind of persons to haggle as well

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
A dear old friend of mine passed away once and I took on the task of clearing their flat. I'm no prude, and folk's private lives are for them to enjoy. I just didn't know what to do with a couple of items for pleasure that I found that had ended up in my flat. I know, I know...

Did I just put them in the bin ? I mean , a big waving willy wasn't good for the environment. After a while, it gets worse, I realised that said objects were hidden in my bathroom whilst I worked out the best way to re-cycle. A couple of visitors had gone in the bathroom and I hoped they hadn't looked into the cupboard.

In the end I just chucked that and the 'easing substance' in the bin independently of my own rubbish. The fear of me passing me away and my nearest and dearest finding said items was just too embarrassing. I look back and laugh now. My angst ridden brain has a lot of weird episodes like this.
Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you know the ones you found weren't there for the same reason?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you know the ones you found weren't there for the same reason?
Well, quite. It was funny though. I should have just put them in a bag and chucked them in the bin. But stuff was moved to my flat for sorting and a few months later amid my hair gel/ face wash I found I had a couple of large tubes of lube... It was interesting how having seen these items after my friend died I thought nothing of it (although eyes watered at the large waving willy). Whatever gives folk joy. But having such items in my flat caused great panic as I was worried that if I passed it might embarrass those responsible for sorting my estate as well as me beyond the grave. Silly really, but I am an angst ridden creature by nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here