Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Charcoal

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
You forgot these

6. No women allowed near the grill
7. When people complain of meat being burnt the defence will be " no it's meant to be like that you heathen
8. Delegate the crappy job of scrubbing clean the rack to one of the kids

9. Chef's drinking hand must NEVER be empty

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And just to close the thread - Sainsburys West Hove had none but I did find loads at Stadium Motors in Hangleton.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
I have about 30 kilos in the garage if it helps ...... just im about 150 miles from you sorry

And for those saying gas is the same. It's not, its really not if you buy decent coals not that supermarket crap

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You could always chop up some floorboards, and make your own. It's quite easy so I'm told. Just a match and a slow burn.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to have a gas one and you are completely correct. However, I now have a charcoal one and I´ve found the JOY of doing a BBQ is the hassle of getting it going. Can´t recreate that with gas

MKTSDTZ1YCI.jpg

Never had much agg getting it going, but since investing in one of THESE little beauties, its easier than pissing in a lake. Firelighters underneath, once its gone Kenny Rodgers on top (about 15 mins) then you're ready to scatter and grill.

Highly recommended to anyone who does REAL bbq-ing (as opposed to those lazily lighting a controllable gas grill outside, and convincing themselves that they're not basically standing in a kitchen with the roof off).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1624_1-z.jpg

This is my little beauty, with a smoker attached. Chuck a pork brisket in the smoker with some dampened applewood wood chips in there for 4-5 hours, and you've basically got yourself some sex on your plate.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
1624_1-z.jpg

This is my little beauty, with a smoker attached. Chuck a pork brisket in the smoker with some dampened applewood wood chips in there for 4-5 hours, and you've basically got yourself some sex on your plate.

Nice . I invested in one of these this year . Unbelievable piece of kit and a snip at £1200 kj.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice . I invested in one of these this year . Unbelievable piece of kit and a snip at £1200 View attachment 122420

Oh man, that looks the bees knees chap. LOVING the wheelage there, nice touch. I doff my cap to anyone who invests in a proper coal BBQ and resists the EVIL of gas.

Its so much more fun, and the results are better. Except that time after an FA Cup Final when I invited 30 people round for a post-match BBQ, and off my tits, wheeled it out of the shed, only for the legs to crash through the bowl with rust. Leading to a rapid trip to Sainsbury's Home Base with a mate to buy a new one, a drunken 2 hours putting the b@stard together (not easy whence drunk), and eventually a relatively deserted garden once I lit up and cracked on, absolutley twatted.

Character building.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here